The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 20 of 20

User Info Menu

Hey guys,

Had a rehearsal today. After the guys left I had some extra time and practiced for a little while. Wrapped up in the shed with a little solo Monk playing. Love this tune. Hope you enjoy!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Love it. I have been reading about and listening to Mingus all week. What an original voice.

User Info Menu

Big Monk fan here. I like your rendition!

Hey thanks checking it out guys. Glad you dug it.

Monk. All the cool kids are doing it.

User Info Menu

Including Pete Bee and Sweeps the floor (and leaves others in the dust) with his playing Broom. I hear a little Pete, here. Hope that's a compliment.

User Info Menu

I like the psuedo stride style you got with a pick here, been wanting to get that into my own comping (just to piss off those young Lyon piano players that take 24 choruses at jam sessions... cough... cough)

Peter Bernstein? Thanks! Would anyone NOT find that a compliment? Hahaha

Yeah I love Pete! Is the sweeping the floor a reference to Bobby Broom? I know he does a lot of Monk, but I really have not spent that much time checking out his thing.

User Info Menu

Very nice Jordan.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jordanklemons
    Peter Bernstein? Thanks! Would anyone NOT find that a compliment? Hahaha

Yeah I love Pete! Is the sweeping the floor a reference to Bobby Broom? I know he does a lot of Monk, but I really have not spent that much time checking out his thing.
    Broom's Monk album is excellent. Definitely check it out when you get a chance.

User Info Menu

Yupe, Bobby Broom:

Thanks JP. Much appreciated.

Yeah, I've only listened to Bobby a bit. I should check out more of his stuff. I actually know Kobie, his drummer, and did some work with him a few years ago. He makes the BEST faces. You guys see the youtube freeze frame in the 2nd video Irez posted? So great!

User Info Menu

Love it. Like your tone. Like your feel. Like the way you sing along.

Quote Originally Posted by kenbennett
    Love it. Like your tone. Like your feel. Like the way you sing along.
    Thanks Ken. Very much appreciated. Glad my high-pitched, squeaky, out-of-tune singing didn't bother you. I sometimes forget that I do it. I try not to. Especially when I'm recording things. It's gotten me into trouble in the studio :/

My amp was all the way on the other side of the room that day, as I'd switched over to sit at the piano midway through my shed session but didn't bother moving my amp. I think it made the singing seem louder. I didn't notice it until I'd already posted the video on youtube. Ah well.

User Info Menu

Very nice!!!!

User Info Menu

You are a very skilled player Jordan. Enjoyed your version.
    +1 You do so well with your picking technic.

Thanks Uffe! I always dig the solo videos you post, so it means a lot to get a compliment from you. Much appreciated!

I forgot I had a video or two from an old gig I played with Kobie years ago. Kind of hard to watch hahaha...but old videos always are. But Kobie (the drummer from Bobby Broom's trio) was killing it. He's so intuitive. Every time I went to turn a corner in my solos he was standing right behind me to back me up. I love playing with guys like that.

Yeah I've seen him play a couple times recently. He deserves to be working with Kurt. Dude is straight up sick.

User Info Menu

That got me so psyched!

I chatted with him briefly at the last gig I saw him at... with Nir Felder and Orlando on bass. He seemed like a nice guy. My friend with me at the show had played a few gigs with him and had nothing bad to say. She actually stayed at the venue after I split to hang and talk with him. I spent most of my time chatting with Nir though. Really nice guy.