The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 32 of 32

User Info Menu

Thanks, wiz!

Graham, I thought yours was your 175. You fooled me!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by M-ster
    Thanks, wiz!

Graham, I thought yours was your 175. You fooled me!
    Yes that Ibanez does a good job! The only trouble is that all the pots are getting really degraded (I've had the guitar since 1978!). I've just about managed to keep the neck pickup vol and tone pots going, by removing the back plate and flooding them with Servisol a few times. The bridge pickup is virtually unuseable because of the dead pots.

I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and order new pots. Unfortunately they are a rather obscure type and size that Ibanez used in the 1970s, but I have found one online source in the USA who stocks them.

At least this will be a much easier job than the 175 would be! All the controls are nicely accessible from behind when you remove the back plate.

User Info Menu

And here's mine:

Thanks,

Bill

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grahambop
    Excellent! nice chords in the head arrangement too. You've got very good time, that's something I'm always conscious I want to improve.
    Some time ago someone posted something Joe Pass where I said Joe's time was so good you could set up a metronome according to him. Well, M-Ster's time is in the same league, if not better. In moments it sounds like MIDI quantized to backing track. If time was something to steal, M-Ster would be robbed in no time.

User Info Menu

Last edited by Chris Whiteman; 04-17-2020 at 10:28 AM.

User Info Menu

Beautiful tune smoothly played. Haven't heard it in years. In the early 60s I played in a rock band and we played Poinciana usually in the last set.

Thanks for posting.

Tony D.

User Info Menu

Hi Chris,
    Your rendition of Poinciana , perfectly executed and
    another fine performance . I was highly amused at the
    DJ ,Jamel AKA Jamal's take on Steely Dan featured in
    the insets of the video, perhaps he has been in hibernation
    having only just discovering them , 48 years after their formation ,one
    of the best Jazz /Rock orientated bands of the era, and still around , minus
    Walter Becker RIP. They played in London in 1974 and I saw them twice ,
    there are a lot of Jazz influences in their music, and clever lyrics.