Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

Hello, boys and girls,
    Have anyone good example of Insensitive by Jobim in the chord-melody style?
    Thank you in advance.
    Leonidas, Mocow, Russia

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I could do one up for you next week if you send me an email to mattwarnockguitar@gmail.com to remind me.

MW

User Info Menu

There You go

User Info Menu

Nice arrangement. Good to see some more chart posters.

Dear Dinoel,
    Thank You very much for this arrangement.
    Leonidas

User Info Menu

very nice man...

played this song a few times....my own CM arrangment...and Wes octaves...and Charlie Byrd style....great tune no matter how its played...

learning a tune in say 4 or 5 different genres..styles..tempos...fills your repertoire...also gets away from playing the "same" arrangment all the time...this has to be done first to get a list together...then when you can play it 4 or 5 different ways,you will always sound fresh...I have played with groups in the past and after 3 or 4 months the sets were memorized and you knew what songs were coming up...a little "robotish"...your audience will appreciate it also...

time on the instrument..pierre

User Info Menu

tks Pierre for the nice words. I fully agree with you. Now you can imagine after 50 years playing bossa nova stds in brazil even the waiter knows the João Gilberto and Bossa Nova Songbook´s harmonies. So i couldn´t play it any more.. so I´ve been triyng to play in a way the audience could have some surprises by not knowing the next chord. some arrangements came out to be bad ( in fact very bad) but some where really acceptable and reazonable good...so I keep trying. Shoud you or anyboby in this forum need anything from brazilian music pls let me know. best rgds

User Info Menu

hey dinoel....you are most welcome man...

It's there but the hardest part is finding it....music is filled with so many wonderful sounds awaitng your ability to grow to the point where you can find them...

how about..agua de beber...I play it sort of Charlie Byrd style and just love the tune...as with most Jobim tunes..

time on the instrument....playing Jobim tunes all day ! ! !

User Info Menu

here you go wiht Agua de Beber
    You are right. In fact the question is not to play or not to play.. the real question is WHAT shall I play and HOW...
    best rgds

User Info Menu

much thanks dinoel....thank you very much...

jobim all the way man...

time on the instrument..pierre

User Info Menu

Here's a version I whipped up recently.

MW

Dear Matt, thank You very much. It's a gift!
    Leonidas

User Info Menu

Thank you very much for the arrangement.

User Info Menu

My pleasure!

MW