The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 22 of 22
    Hi, here's a video I did of chord melody bossa nova with an improvised chorus,
    Thanks,
    Paul

http://paulrichardsguitar.com/chord-...ar-bossa-nova/
    Last edited by Jazzguitarsussx; 10-14-2014 at 09:16 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Your video page here really made my day with all its bossa nova and other gems !!

User Info Menu

nice video and really nice chord melody arrangement for "Desafinado". Thank you for sharing.

wiz

Thanks Mhch, glad you liked all the tunes on my videos page! And thanks for your comment Wiz on my Desafinado

User Info Menu

Sitting and enjoying your lovely version and improvisation on the tune.
    Thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

Wonderfully done sir. Quick question: was that simply recorded with nothing more than an SM58 or could you share how this was recorded? Thank you

Hi Uffe, thanks, glad you like my version.
    David, (I'm not the most technological of people), it was done a while back. I'll ask my mate n see how he did it n get back to you!

Hi David, yes he just stuck the Mic in front and recorded it. Didn't use any fancy programmes or anything

User Info Menu

Beautiful!

User Info Menu

Thats awesome

Quote Originally Posted by TDFowler
    Beautiful!
    Thanks TD!

User Info Menu

Very nice!!!

Thanks Neil n everyone else

User Info Menu

Lovely version of Desafinado!

I can see your classical training in your voicings and approach to jazz and bossa nova tunes. I play a couple of Yamaha classical guitars most of the time and enjoy arranging jazz standards for solo or small group settings. Although music is not my day job, I would like to find a real good female jazz singer to work with in a duo setting as in one of your videos. I think that is a great vehicle for suiting a variety of performance settings. Not easy these days.... Good luck with your career. Hope you will continue to post to YT and here.

Jay

Thanks Jay
    yes I live solo gigs n duos with singers, it's a fun challenge keeping all the stuff going with no bass or other backing.
    glad you like the other videos on my site Jay

cheers

paul

For those of you in South of England, I've got my monthly Sussex Jazz Guitar School this Saturday 11am at the Brunswick in Hove, info on link below!

East Sussex West guitarist lessons guitar jazz |

Quote Originally Posted by acoustictones
    Wonderfully done sir. Quick question: was that simply recorded with nothing more than an SM58 or could you share how this was recorded? Thank you
    yes it was simply recorded with the mic, no fancy stuff..thanks for you're interest

User Info Menu

Great rendition and improvisation!

Quote Originally Posted by guidoscope
    Great rendition and improvisation!
    Thanks! Glad you like it

Quote Originally Posted by eh6794
    Thats awesome
    thanks glad you like it
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by targuit
    Lovely version of Desafinado!

I can see your classical training in your voicings and approach to jazz and bossa nova tunes. I play a couple of Yamaha classical guitars most of the time and enjoy arranging jazz standards for solo or small group settings. Although music is not my day job, I would like to find a real good female jazz singer to work with in a duo setting as in one of your videos. I think that is a great vehicle for suiting a variety of performance settings. Not easy these days.... Good luck with your career. Hope you will continue to post to YT and here.

Jay
    Good to see you like classical guitars in a group setting,ive just recorded my new album doing just that, you can hear clips on cdbaby and iTunes!

The Paul Richards Trio | Episodes | CD Baby Music Store

https://itun.es/gb/9oAEbb

Quote Originally Posted by wizard3739
    nice video and really nice chord melody arrangement for "Desafinado". Thank you for sharing.

wiz
    thanks Wiz! Glad you like it