The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

Hi Jazz friends
    Its been a while since posting.
    Maybe this mix of technic is a little special ?
    Regards Uffe

Last edited by Uffe Steen; 09-18-2014 at 07:48 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Great playing Uffe!

Quote Originally Posted by 4thstuning
    Great playing Uffe!
    Thanks for taking your time and comment :-)

User Info Menu

Hello and Thank you.
    I really enjoyed listening to your playing.
    Thanks again.

Music is the key that can open strange rooms in the house of memory.
    Llewelyn Wyn Griffith

User Info Menu

Nice....smooth

User Info Menu

Nice arrangement and touch on a favorite song of mine ! Mel Torme composed this with Robert Wells (the same collaboration that brought us "The Christmas Song") For the tenor sax fans amongst us, please check out and enjoy versions by Gene Ammons and Ike Quebec - both can be found on Youtube !

Thanks to you all for taking time to listen and comment :-)

User Info Menu

Awesome Uffe!! I'm going out and getting another Strat after hearing that. Thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

I like the way you keep the bass part and lead sounding so separate, sounds like you have 2 brains . Love the bluesy feel.

Quote Originally Posted by dmorash
    I like the way you keep the bass part and lead sounding so separate, sounds like you have 2 brains . Love the bluesy feel.
    Thanks for the kind words.
    Yes, this one was a bit on the tough side, but mostly because of the blues bends.
    I appreciate you took a listen and commented.

User Info Menu

Congratulations for your playing! I really enjoyed this and all the other tunes you have in YouTube. Your technique, the arrangement, the chords and the melody line, all are cool and imaginative. I was really surprised when I realized the strings on your guitar are upside down. This makes the playing and the sound different and fresh. Have you always played in this way? Also I have to say that the jazz sound you get with that strat is incredible. What type/brand of strat is? What amp, strings gauge and pick do you use?

User Info Menu

Wow. Now that was just a joy to listen to. Well done sir. Loved it and thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

Wonderful playing Uffe.

Unrelated but may I ask what gear you were using on the Play album ? your tone is unbelievable, I'm really curious about the amp / effects.

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by earsoup
    Wonderful playing Uffe.

Unrelated but may I ask what gear you were using on the Play album ? your tone is unbelievable, I'm really curious about the amp / effects.

Thanks !

Hi Earsoup

On my CD Play, it was a 75 silverface super reverb (no mastervol), MIJ 62 Tele ri from 1982 , and a Boss OD3 overdrive

Quote Originally Posted by malanzas
    Congratulations for your playing! I really enjoyed this and all the other tunes you have in YouTube. Your technique, the arrangement, the chords and the melody line, all are cool and imaginative. I was really surprised when I realized the strings on your guitar are upside down. This makes the playing and the sound different and fresh. Have you always played in this way? Also I have to say that the jazz sound you get with that strat is incredible. What type/brand of strat is? What amp, strings gauge and pick do you use?
    Thanks a lot, Malanzas :-)
    Its a Warmoth neck, custom made body (in Denmark), Callaham bridge assembly, Suhr 54 PU´s
    Fender Jazzmaster UltrLight amp w neodyn speaker, boss RV5 for reverb.....
    Last edited by Uffe Steen; 10-19-2014 at 06:00 PM.

Thank you very much :-)

Quote Originally Posted by acoustictones
    Wow. Now that was just a joy to listen to. Well done sir. Loved it and thanks for sharing.
    The thank you, was for you acoustictones. I appreciate it :-)