Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 17 of 17

User Info Menu

Attached Images Attached Images
    "You've got to be in the sun to feel the sun. It's that way with music too." - Sidney Bechet

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thankyou!....very nice

User Info Menu

Thanks for this beautifully played tune and pdf.Hope I can do it justice.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the transcription. I will enjoy learning this thanks again.

User Info Menu

very nice....very nice...

I never really played this one before but maybe try it now...

time on the instrument..

User Info Menu

Nice transcription and lovely tune! Thanks.

In my imagination I see Wes sitting alone in a low light room creating his arrangement a phrase or two at a time. The funny thing is that in this type of song which he did so often, the notes and phrases are not difficult but the beauty resides in his meticulous use of tone colors - the b9ths, 11ths, 13ths - that he applies like a fine painter on a canvas. Very meditative and impressionistic.

It is always said that Wes didn't know theory, but I have my doubts. I've seen footage where he is discussing with his bandmates certain musical choices that imply more sophistication than acknowledged. I suspect he at least would write down the chord progression he chose with the particular extensions. But who knows?

User Info Menu

That is quite beautiful. The Transcription looks very neat.Did you do the transcription with Sibelius?

Quote Originally Posted by dmorash View Post
    That is quite beautiful. The Transcription looks very neat.Did you do the transcription with Sibelius?
    I can't reveal my secrets. And no.
    "You've got to be in the sun to feel the sun. It's that way with music too." - Sidney Bechet

User Info Menu

Great job!! Thanks for sharing this 2born!

It's nice to see this tune getting sum luv - It's a lovely tune. I dig Wes' lush harmonic treatment!

User Info Menu

I'm very glad that I finally found where to get this magnificent transcription. I heard on "So Much Guitar" and until that day I thought that "Mi Cosa" was his only solo piece. Does anybody know of more solo pieces??? - Erling

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Wes just had his own technique and style - an original. A thanks to Mr. Bop! Don't know if it's just in the PDF, but unless I'm just missing something, it would be the key signature. I know it is in D, but the sharps of the C and F notes are missing.

I mean, they are in the measures, but the music would look much "cleaner" without being written in each time you hit a C or F. Perhaps it was not an omission, as I have seen a discussion about not using key signatures in the forum, though I strongly disagree with that notion. As I was playing through the music, it took me a second or two to figure out why it looked strange. But a nice song.
    Last edited by targuit; 02-09-2014 at 02:22 AM.

User Info Menu

Hello and Thank you.

Music is the key that can open strange rooms in the house of memory.
    Llewelyn Wyn Griffith

User Info Menu

Very nice!!!
    Tks!

User Info Menu

Thank you very much
    i just printed it ... and start with the first notes...

User Info Menu

Thanks, B2B,
    I'll print it tonight. Good playing . . . Marinero