User Info Menu

I try again

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Bravo! Great playing!

User Info Menu

Very nice.

User Info Menu

Nice "try" ...keep at it. I think you're getting the hang of it. Just beautiful.

User Info Menu

Well played. Thank you.

Music is the key that can open strange rooms in the house of memory.
    Llewelyn Wyn Griffith

User Info Menu

Time on the instrument man...

That"s what it takes...

time on the instrument...

User Info Menu

Nice! Inspiring playing too! Tnx for sharing!

User Info Menu

Great! Inspired of Joe Pass but with your own touch! Really enjoyable listening!
    /Goran

User Info Menu

Loved it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jckoto3
    Bravo! Great playing!
    Grazie. I blush

User Info Menu

Ciao, Roberto! Mi piaciano tanto il tuo stile e il tuo tocco sullo strumento. Sei davvero un maestro. Come fai a creare la partitura? Usi lo software tipo Sibelius o e tutto improvisato al momento? In ogni caso, continua cosi.

Jay

Perdona mi la mia Italiano - ho vissuto in Italia per piu di dieci anni. Padova, Perugia, e Torino. Se fosse possibile, vivrei la con la mia moglie Italiana e mio figlio. Mi manca molto.
    Last edited by targuit; 06-06-2013 at 06:02 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzino
    I try again
    Excellent I am a big fan of Joe Pass. What Fender amp is that?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pierre richard
    Time on the instrument man...

That"s what it takes...

time on the instrument...
    I like that. "Time on the instrument" So true.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by targuit
    Ciao, Roberto! Mi piaciano tanto il tuo stile e il tuo tocco sullo strumento. Sei davvero un maestro. Come fai a creare la partitura? Usi lo software tipo Sibelius o e tutto improvisato al momento? In ogni caso, continua cosi.

Jay

Perdona mi la mia Italiano - ho vissuto in Italia per piu di dieci anni. Padova, Perugia, e Torino. Se fosse possibile, vivrei la con la mia moglie Italiana e mio figlio. Mi manca molto.
    Ciao targuit , è da poco tempo che provo a suonare Jazz e non assomiglio nemmeno lontanamente ad un maestro
    Non creo le partiture in nessun modo ma improvviso sulle partiture di RB

PS il tuo italiano è ottimo ed oggi l'Italia, bellissimo paese, non è il miglior posto dove vivere !

Grazie per i complimenti e per l'incoraggiamento

User Info Menu

Beautiful! Well done!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz6string
    Excellent I am a big fan of Joe Pass. What Fender amp is that?
    Tnx - Fender Twin Black face 1967

User Info Menu

Wonderful arrangement and playing. You have your own signature sound and I like your tone more than Joe Pass. I took a lesson from Joe Pass back in the late 70's. It was a "once in a lifetime lesson" but I really wasn't impressed by the tone from his guitar. It sounded like his strings were old and quite dull. But his music was amazing and I will never forget that lesson.

wiz

User Info Menu

Wiz, not to get off topic, but briefly what was the lesson with Joe Pass about? Do you remember the specific tunes you worked with? I'm kind of a nostalgia buff and I regret never hearing Joe play live in person.

Jay

User Info Menu

This is really lovely. I could listen to a lot of that!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by targuit
    Wiz, not to get off topic, but briefly what was the lesson with Joe Pass about? Do you remember the specific tunes you worked with? I'm kind of a nostalgia buff and I regret never hearing Joe play live in person.

Jay
    I was fresh out of G.I.T. and mostly into chord melody at that time so I asked him about chord melody technique. He told me I needed to know a lot of chords and to put the melody note on top of the chord. Also, he mentioned how you could move into a melody chord from 1/2 step above or below the target chord. I don't remember any particular song but he did play phrases as examples of the concepts he was telling me about.

wiz

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wizard3739
    I was fresh out of G.I.T. and mostly into chord melody at that time so I asked him about chord melody technique. He told me I needed to know a lot of chords and to put the melody note on top of the chord. Also, he mentioned how you could move into a melody chord from 1/2 step above or below the target chord. I don't remember any particular song but he did play phrases as examples of the concepts he was telling me about.

wiz
    That's pretty much it in a nutshell.

I'll say you don't even need a TON of chords to start out...you'll discover many by necessity...but every chord you do know, look for a way to put any melody note you might need on top of it...you can do a lot with a little, if you really KNOW the little bit...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by goranlindelow
    Great! Inspired of Joe Pass but with your own touch! Really enjoyable listening!
    /Goran
    this is a beautiful compliment.
    thanks

User Info Menu

Hey - I have been working on a version of misty - that blew mine out of the water though :P so I don't think I'll bother.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pukka-J
    Nice! Inspiring playing too! Tnx for sharing!
    thank you for listening

User Info Menu

Very nice Jazzino!!!

Thanks for share!!