The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 55 of 55

User Info Menu

Hi Tony,

As you are obviously very familiar with the Conti materials, would you recommend working with different subjects simultaneously? ie. Ticket to Improv with assembly Line, or Jazz Lines, Comping Expo, etc...

Cheers, Ron

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Ron:

I guess it depends on how much time you have and how much your brain can hold. I mean that sincerely. I seem to be able to only focus on one thing at a time, while I know that other people can juggle several things equally well. Also, time is a factor. I can be doing well, making progress, and then a project comes up at work or my wife has some medical issues, and it can be literally months before I get back to it. The good thing is that, because of how Conti structures his approach, it is easy enough to pick it back up again. I have not really gotten into the soloing aspects of his method, but have some of it. His approach of being able to use the same phrase in different contexts seems really interesting and efficient to me. My primary interest at this point in my life is really playing solo chord melody for my own enjoyment, so my motivations and interests may be quite a bit narrower than yours, as might be our situations very different. If you have the time and inclination, maybe you could hadle studying both soloing and chord melody in parallel.

Tony
    Last edited by tbeltrans; 02-12-2013 at 11:44 PM.

User Info Menu

Thanks Tony. I really appreciate your insights.
    Cheers, Ron

User Info Menu

Tony.Re Bob Conti..+1

User Info Menu

RonD and jazzuki:

Glad to help out. I have gotten a lot of personal enjoyment from Conti's materials ad wish the same for anyone else who is looking to do likewise.

Tony