The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 83

User Info Menu

OK, this is the truth; I swear on my 2 titanium and Teflon knees. I don't know where this came from, I can't find any reference to it on amazon or Google or books-in-Print, so if it is not OK to put this out there, just whack me in the kneecaps and I'll remove it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow, what a treasure-trove. I've been listening to almost all of these for 40 years or more. Fabulous! Where did it come from?

User Info Menu

A friend of mine found it in some Internet search, I dunno, and he sent it to me. I don't have a title page so I have no other publishing or copyright info.

User Info Menu

Well, I just downloaded and printed them out. I'm going to start with Golden Earrings and the Debussy, two that will kill audiences for sure.

User Info Menu

just love this site...

everybody sharing finds...

legal or not....

time on the instrument...

User Info Menu

If you think or know it is not legal, then say so.

User Info Menu

I did not say if "it" is or not..

I have found lots of things and copied them from the internet....the thought of them being legal or not did not enter my mind...only that what it was just great to have..

I do not know I only said that sharing on this site is great ! ! !

time on the instrument...

User Info Menu

Thanks so much.

User Info Menu

thanks

User Info Menu

just learned send in the clowns and yesterday, while playing through yesterday i had to exclaim out loud "i love this shit!" so satisfying were the changes

User Info Menu

One of the most influential books I learned from was 'Mel Bay Presents The Complete Johnny Smith Approach to Guitar'. He was so advanced - right off he pointed out the notation issue (guitar not being a solely treble clef instrument). This helped me immensely and opened up a lot of sheet music I might not have had considered as sources. Plus, there's "Walk Don't Run" :-)

User Info Menu

Wow! Thank you!

User Info Menu

Wow indeed, another thanks from me. I think this kind of thing is where the forum really shines

User Info Menu

early christmas pressie, thank you!

User Info Menu

Thank you, thank you, thank you a billion times. I've been trying to figure out some of these arrangements for years with no success. Whoever tells you to take these charts off the site, I'm going to shoot with a bazooka.

User Info Menu

That long number at the beginning of the file name suggests it might have come from scribd.com.

User Info Menu

Wow thanks!!!

User Info Menu

Some stretchy voicings there! But very nice indeed, My Funny Valentine is beautiful.

User Info Menu

Thanks for that clue, John Ross. I just went to Scribd and did a search for "johnny Smith"....duh, 10 trillion links.....and put that number in, but nothing comes up with that number in it. I dunno.

User Info Menu

It's there, I found it (just to practise my Internet sleuthing skills), but you'll have to take my word for it, I don't want to link to the page. Scribd - or its users - can be a bit naughty sometimes, but it's damn useful. Anyway, that doesn't mean you had to get it from there, you could have got it indirectly from any number of file-sharing sites.

User Info Menu

I did not find it myself; it was sent to me from one of my friends, and I do not know the source. I am also wary of Scribd, but I only put this up after doing a search for it on amazon, google, and Books In Print, and not finding any info on it. I don't know where it came from.

User Info Menu

Thank you!

User Info Menu

Jseaberry.Thanks for this treasure. For all you other guys that are worried about copyright etc.I thought about this and as it is the season of "goodwill" have donated $20 to Children in Need and salved my conscience.

User Info Menu

It doesn't open for me. Adobe Reader X indicates that the file is damaged and cannot be repaired. Anybody else having this problem?

User Info Menu

I'm having the same problem.