Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

"Along came Betty"
    Last edited by cano; 10-16-2013 at 04:15 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thank you :-)

User Info Menu

Pretty cool, like very slow version... would have been nice if something actually locked in and they played together... The comping sort of works with the head.... the solo section falls off a cliff...

I dig some of their recording... Will Vinsons "Dear old Stockholm Syndrome"... much better fit of their style of playin... european and much more musical than performance posted... Part of the difficulty is how they deal with jazz harmony and of course worked out performances ... no improve, inner action which leads to no reaction.

Still great players and nice start of transcription... would be cool to see what you call the harmony. When you use all the pitches all the time... somewhat kills the movement, especially when your pounding them out on the harmonic rhythm... harmonic accent pattern.

Reg

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Pretty cool, like very slow version... would have been nice if something actually locked in and they played together... The comping sort of works with the head.... the solo section falls off a cliff...

I dig some of their recording... Will Vinsons "Dear old Stockholm Syndrome"... much better fit of their style of playin... european and much more musical than performance posted... Part of the difficulty is how they deal with jazz harmony and of course worked out performances ... no improve, inner action which leads to no reaction.

Still great players and nice start of transcription... would be cool to see what you call the harmony. When you use all the pitches all the time... somewhat kills the movement, especially when your pounding them out on the harmonic rhythm... harmonic accent pattern.

Reg
    Hi Reg , I don't really understand the meaning of what you wrote , my English is very limited . In this case harmony means to me : basic chord progression of the tune . This example shows only the type of material used in context , what you can find it in a lot of books like "Modern chords" by Vic Juris and many others ...

User Info Menu

Could someone repost this please?
    It seems like the file is no longer there
    Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Pablo View Post
    Could someone repost this please?
    It seems like the file is no longer there
    Thanks!
    Yes, agreed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Pablo View Post
    Could someone repost this please? It seems like the file is no longer there Thanks!
    Bump

User Info Menu

Hi Cano; can't find the link...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by neilvmcc View Post
    Hi Cano; can't find the link...
    Cano hasn't been around for a long time and is definitely missed.
    No, I'm not going to give you the answer to your question. I don't want to deny you the pleasure you'll receive when you figure it out yourself. -- Bill Evans talking to his brother.

User Info Menu

Cool

User Info Menu

Long-ago threads lose their links.

Never mind, here he is. And you can see what he's doing.

User Info Menu

I just wish he'd stop watching that spider crawl up the wall.

I think he brings his own spider to every gig