The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 39 of 39

User Info Menu

I have tabbed out Joe Pass' version some years ago and now I can't find it :/ Ten hours of work down the drain! Would have gladly shared... I'll try to tab it out again some time

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Grazer_au

hope you enjoy it as much as I am.

Cheers,
    Grazer

that exact arrangement is for me one of the best things ever played on guitar, when i first hear it and 10 000 times again it hits me with the same warm and calm feeling (cant describe it with words), also one of the reasons why i started to play jazz guitar and why i love Joe so much,

anyone knows on which album of Pass is this song, i have it on old vinyl compilation Jazz guitar.

thanks for posting it
    Last edited by abdke99; 04-10-2011 at 09:23 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by abdke99
    that exact arrangement is for me one of the best things ever played on guitar, when i first hear it and 10 000 times again it hits me with the same warm and calm feeling (cant describe it with words), also one of the reasons why i started to play jazz guitar and why i love Joe so much,

anyone knows on which album of Pass is this song, i have it on old vinyl compilation Jazz guitar.

thanks for posting it
    It's from 'Appassionato'

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jerun
    It's from 'Appassionato'
    i have appasionato but thats not that version
    or my cd has wrong one

User Info Menu

i have appasionato but thats not that version
    or my cd has wrong one
    I'm sorry you're right, this is the version from "A night out with verve"!

User Info Menu

thats the one, but also a compilation, damn wish i know what album or date of this recording, thanks Jerun

User Info Menu

I don't know either, I'll try to lOok it up
    Last edited by Jerun; 04-10-2011 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Accidental submit

User Info Menu

that exact arrangement is for me one of the best things ever played on guitar, when i first hear it and 10 000 times again it hits me with the same warm and calm feeling (cant describe it with words), also one of the reasons why i started to play jazz guitar and why i love Joe so much

I feel exactly the same way as you do!
    And I'm still trying to play jazz guitar

User Info Menu

thats the one, but also a compilation, damn wish i know what album or date of this recording, thanks Jerun

It's from "Intercontinental", recorded in 1970.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper
    thanks so much, dont get me wrong but somethimes all this struggle to play and frustration makes me wish i never heard it, life vould be much more simple work eat sleep.... , thanks again

all the best Kerim

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper
    definitely one of my JP favorites alongside Virtuoso I

Intercontinental (Joe Pass album) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

User Info Menu

This is such a great tune to work on! Thanks so much for both arrangements. Hours and hours of pure bliss. Outstanding, fellas!

User Info Menu

It is also on Joe's album Intercontinental

User Info Menu

I am hunting for that transcription of Martin Taylor/Lil Darlin also. I saw that Pepper had gifted it out a few times? Is there anyone still here that might have a copy to forward?

I actually love the magazine Guitar Techniques, wish I was getting it back in 2000 -- I'd be a better player!!