The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Today I needed some supplies. I am known to search high and low to go the actual sources to get things but sometimes you have to deal with Stewart Mac. They are ok and prices very high but they do work fast and will take care of problems. So today rather than go crazy I just put in a small order and sure enough it adds up really fast. I cannot charge enough it seems for repairs. The one thing that has saved me is I went right to the source to get binding cement from the supplier to Gibson. BInd cement is crazy expensive and the shelf life is not that long, same with glue mostly CA types.

Ok I through complaining for today but inflation is not getting better.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

CA is my binding cement (water thin, SM #10 or equivalent). When I buy new bottle I also buy a couple of the empty plastic bottles (SM again) and split the new bottle into several which I keep sealed and they last a whole lot longer.

And yes everyone complains about SM's prices and shipping costs, but in my opinion no one beats their service and support.

User Info Menu

I got back into building just before covid and decided to try SM's binding cement, and did'nt like itand went back to my old stand by Duco which I used in the70's and got know very well.