The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Too bad: a lacquer blemish on a freshly nitro lacquered body:
    Lacquer fault-47d03b0d-04dc-45a6-86e0-ac84ef09592a-jpeg

There was a small dent on the lower horn, the painter tried to level it with a hot iron but melted the lacquer
    The spot is originally thumbnail sized and hardly visible. Rubbing/polish with micro mesh 1500-12000 levelled the dilemma but highly enlarged it looks like this:

Lacquer fault-36cdd4dc-0c31-48a6-a594-a624c93ccd96-jpeg
    There’s no chipping and the spot feels flat and smooth, but with more polish it gets bigger.
    What do you guys think? I‘m looking for a minimal invasive repair but I‘m quite unsure. The burn-thru areas are looking strange. I‘ve also asked on TDPRI, curious what you guys think

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Is there a clear topcoat on it?? I've had topcoats rub through like that [but usually when the clear coat was something that didn't match the colour coat].

User Info Menu

If it's true lacquer, and you find the right match (same brand and formulation) lacquer melts into previous coats. There's a chance that if the surface has been repaired, you can get a spray coat to blend with what's underneath.
    Sand it back, level it, apply lacquer and level, apply a clear top coat. You might find that that will be undetectable.
    THat's why I like working with lacquer.