The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I love my Eastman most of the time but often the high e creeps too close to the fingerboard edge. I've recently put some violin peg drops under the bridge but still slightly closer to edge on the high e. Do I need to replace tailpiece or bridge? Also would an all wood benedetto tailpiece sound better? Mine is metal underneath and ebony on top. The Bennedetto works like a violin tailpiece so, I'd have to put a different type of endpin. Thanks in advance

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This is a common occurence with Eastman with their string spacing. I would try having a new nut cut with a slightly tigher string spacing.I have 2 Eastmans that have this problem but i find a light touch is requred on these guitars and thus doesn't really bother me.

User Info Menu

I had the same problem with my Eastman. The cause is in the mounting of the tailpiece. It must be "aimed" exactly down the center of the neck or one of the Es will be too close to the edge.
    I corrected the condition by loosening the tailpiece screws and inserting a small felt pad - enough to change the tailpiece's aim a tiny bit toward the bass side.