The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 82 of 82

User Info Menu

Hello Travelrock

Just to tell you that I 've just finished my L7-c repro. Good sound and playability, especially the acoustic voice, which is loud (parallel braces). The Dearmond rhythm chief 1100 is magnificent.

The finish is a shellac, with sandarac and benjoin lacquer. Overall it's light for an archtop, (2.5 kg, hardware included.)

At the end, it was worth the efforts.
    Good build for your guitar.
    Last edited by arno_byr; 06-07-2023 at 05:54 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

D'angelico master tone, still.

User Info Menu

I like this type of binding on archtops and would be interested in how it can be done (and what are material thicknesses).

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman Keller
    I l

Here is a hollow body with maple binding, including the f-holes

Attachment 98065

White with some accents lines on ano

Quote Originally Posted by himself
    I like this type of binding on archtops and would be interested in how it can be done (and what are material thicknesses).
    That is flamed maple from LMII or StewMac, I don't remember. It is 1/4 tall, 0.060 thick and comes with the little dark purfling line glued on. I bend it over a hot pipe or in my Fox bender. It frequently splits on the flame, if its minor it can be repaired with CA but bad splits I just do over

My first archtop (new project)-img_3500-jpg

Here is another example, this time against some flamed koa

My first archtop (new project)-img_0022-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman Keller
    That is flamed maple from LMII or StewMac, I don't remember. It is 1/4 tall, 0.060 thick and comes with the little dark purfling line glued on. I bend it over a hot pipe or in my Fox bender. It frequently splits on the flame, if its minor it can be repaired with CA but bad splits I just do over

Here is another example, this time against some flamed koa
    Thanks for sharing, it looks beautiful!
    I was thinking of making my own from scratch (with purfling). I've got some veneer, but it is only 0,6 mm thick and it seems to be too narrow. It does not look very contrasting. I could use some ABS, but I don't like plastic things on guitar...

User Info Menu

User Info Menu