The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

..just brought a new guitar (Guild) ..It was set up ny the shop and plays very well (nice low action)....Only problem is that the top E is giving fret buzz most og te way up.... (apartfrom open E at the nut) . All other strings are perfect....Is there any way on the 'Tuneomatic Bridge' to sort this out...?
    On Fender bridge you can raise or lower individual strings.....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

On a TOM you have to raise or lower the entire saddle assembly. You may be able to fill the slot with UV resin or maybe cyanoacrylate adhesive (superglue) mixed with a tiny amount of baking soda. It's possible to buy individual saddles and replace the low one, but I would try the above first. Curing UV resin does require a source of UV light. Those are available, but do cost some money. One good source is the sun, but it takes awhile. CA cures very quickly, but can be messy. Either adhesive will work, done properly, but the ideal solution is a new saddle. I lean to UV resin, because I already have it and a UV light, and it's forgiving in that you can wipe off excess, redo fills, or whatever you want until you hit it with the light. YMMV.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by advid
    Only problem is that the top E is giving fret buzz most og te way up.... (apartfrom open E at the nut)
    That does sound like you may have 2 problems: the bridge saddle too low and the action at the nut too high. The latter is easy to check for and correct (fret the string at the 3rd fret and it should just clear the 1st fret; tapping on it should give a "ping"). Normally I think one can set the nut action independently from (= after) setting the saddle height but if you are already getting fret buzz at the 1st fret you may want to ensure that the action at the nut is optimal before touching the saddle.

User Info Menu

The first thing I would do is measure the action of each string each string, and also check neck relief. Very slight adjustments in those factors might solve the problem without noticeable change in ease of playing. Maybe take those measurements, and also post the type of guitar here? Maybe also check to see of there any significantly high frets? I high, say, 12th fret could cause the buzz you're describing. If that's the problem, nothing you do at the saddle will fix that.

All that said, since you're saying it was set up by the shop you bought it from, what about bringing it back to them to see if they can fix the buzz?