Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 45

User Info Menu

My friend start to buid interesting guitars....:

About me | Blue Arch Guitars

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Ken Parker inspired...absolutely beautiful.

User Info Menu

I can't believe this is a stable design. Very impressive.

Blue Arch Guitars-p8071560_mt-jpg

User Info Menu

Frank Vignola tested this guitar .He was impressed.

User Info Menu

What price range is he in? Not Ken Parker-range, I hope!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    I have to ask, because only two guitars are made.
    BUT THEY ARE NOT CHEAP. One person does it all.
    I'll have these guitars at home in a month for testing purposes.

User Info Menu

I hope he allows you to share videos...they look amazing.

User Info Menu

Interesting tailpiece design (among many other things).

User Info Menu

Very, very interesting. I'll be watching!

User Info Menu

Hi,

This is me who is responsible for these guitars I wrote about them and about myself on my web page, but I will try to answer your questions in the next posts.

Krzysztof.
    Home | Blue Arch Guitars
    Last edited by Blue Arch Guitars; 10-05-2022 at 02:20 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mr. beaumont
    Ken Parker inspired...absolutely beautiful.
    Yes, Ken Parker is my big inspiration. I asked him if I could use some of his designs and he gratefully agreed. I depart from his design principles in a few important areas, because I understand the physics of the instrument differently. I know it is a bold statement, but I do not copy anybody’s structural or acoustic designs without understanding it. There are other inspirations. Some of them I describe on my webpage.

Krzysztof
    Home | Blue Arch Guitars
    Last edited by Blue Arch Guitars; 10-05-2022 at 02:20 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AllanAllen
    I can't believe this is a stable design. Very impressive.

Blue Arch Guitars-p8071560_mt-jpg
    The purpose of this design was to show, that I am inspired by Ken Parker, but definitely I am not copying him. The other purpose was to have exactly the kind of reactions like above. “How come it holds together!”. This is stable design. There is a lot of carbon fiber inside this joint. This was my first design. Now I use a design where the neck extends to the headstock. See my webpage. It is lighter, even more stiff and moves the resonant frequency of the neck even higher, so acoustically, at least theoretically is better. Players like them both. Ken calls this early design “radical”, and it is hard not to agree. But, at the end, I prefer to put function before form. The purpose of the first design was to shock. And current design is just better from engineering and acoustic points of view.

Krzysztof
    Home | Blue Arch Guitars
    Last edited by Blue Arch Guitars; 10-05-2022 at 02:21 PM.

User Info Menu

Ken Parker has a 50 years history of successful guitar making and he is a big fish among archtop builders’. And he is my big hero. I do not even think to be at this price range. But, I have spent 4 years on research and development trying many, many different paths and designing every piece of my guitar. I make all the parts except tuners, strings and fret wire myself without using CNC. I build one guitar at the time. It takes me 3 months to make one. For pricing I ask to contact me directly. The contact form and email address is on my web page.

Krzysztof
    Home | Blue Arch Guitars
    Last edited by Blue Arch Guitars; 10-05-2022 at 02:21 PM.

User Info Menu

I hope he allows you to share videos...they look amazing.
    I have made some recordings during 2022 Rocky Mountains Archtop Festival in Arvada, CO, two week ago. Unfortunately the noise in the room was very disturbing, but some of the players played so beautifully that I decided to compile few short videos. But first I want to ask the players for their OK to publish. When I receive their OK, I will put a link on my webpage.

Krzysztof
    Home | Blue Arch Guitars
    Last edited by Blue Arch Guitars; 10-05-2022 at 02:22 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Interesting tailpiece design (among many other things).
    Thank you

User Info Menu

Krzysztof ,
    Welcome to the world of guitarists.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kris
    Krzysztof ,
    Welcome to the world of guitarists.
    Thank you. I was a visitor to the forum for many years with different nick. I have not posted a lot (if any?), but I was carefully reading. I do play guitar too
    Yesterday I have started to post short videos on my YT channel. Three guitar players already gave their OK, I still wait for some. The sound environment in Arvada CO, during 2022 Rocky Mountain Archtop Festival, was so bad. As I receive more OKs (hopefully), the new videos will be posted.
    I need to make proper recordings in a room with right acoustic, 2 good well placed microphones and different players, because every player find different inspiration in my guitars. This will be the right way to show the sound of my purely acoustic instruments. I hope to do it until the end of the year.
    Blue Arch Guitars Krzysztof Trze?niowski - YouTube

Krzysztof
    Tool maker for guitarists
    www.bluearchguitars.com

User Info Menu

Great players on great guitars

User Info Menu

Even in a loud room you can hear the clarity and complexity of tone. These are really promising, Krzysztof.

User Info Menu

I already have these two beautiful guitars at home.
    I'm going to have a few torn nights - I can't tear myself away from these beautiful instruments.
    Krzysztof left these instruments with me for a few days so that I would get used to them and make a worthy video recording.
    Thanks Krzysztof
    Blue Arch Guitars-blue-arch-1-jpgBlue Arch Guitars-blue-arch-2-jpg
    Last edited by kris; 09-28-2022 at 03:42 AM.

User Info Menu

Please explain the tailpiece design.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Guitar maker is on a trip, I can take a photo soon.
    How Krzysztof will come back will be described in detail - Friday or Saturday.
    Best
    kris
    Blue Arch Guitars-tailpiece-1-jpgBlue Arch Guitars-tailpiece-2-jpgBlue Arch Guitars-tailpiece-3-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Greetings from Wadi Rum desert in Jordan where I pay back the debt of time to my partner, Ewa. The debt earned when I was finishing my guitar before Rocky Mountain Archtop Festival and worked 16/24 7 days a week.
    The tailpiece, in principle is a XV century design of tailpiece and tailpiece holder of viola da gamba. The difference is usage of different materials. Mainly carbon fiber for the holder and stainless steel and phosphor bronze or brass brazed with silver for tailpiece.
    Krzysztof.

User Info Menu

Thanks.

Do the individual fingers rest on the top plate of the guitar if there are no strings attached to them?
    Are the individual fingers of the tailpiece hinged at the cross-bar?

Is the tailpiece:
    -held in place by the tension of the strings;
    -hinged at the base;
    -permanently set in place;
    -removable from the base plate that is attached to the rims?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Arch Guitars
    The tailpiece, in principle is a XV century design of tailpiece and tailpiece holder of viola da gamba.
    Krzysztof.
    The way the tailpiece is held is definitely similar to how that is done on viols, but I'd love to see some pictures of that 15th century "fingers" tailpiece!