The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I found this interesting article. Unfortunately I don't see anything about where to get fungi or what kind.

"Grow" Your Own Spalted Wood - FineWoodworking

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

you’ll need to obtain fungal spores, either by collecting them out in the woods or checking your firewood pile for spalted wood”

Reminds me of my, eventually, successful attempt to capture wild yeast for starter dough.

User Info Menu

Well, I will never, ever, bring any fungal spores into my house, or garage, or shed. Some are there and some will enter, but no way I will assist them

Quote Originally Posted by JohanAbrandt
    Well, I will never, ever, bring any fungal spores into my house, or garage, or shed. Some are there and some will enter, but no way I will assist them
    Yeah, my wife is horribly allergic to any kind of mold, etc. But she loves eating saute'd mushrooms

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    I found this interesting article. Unfortunately I don't see anything about where to get fungi or what kind.

"Grow" Your Own Spalted Wood - FineWoodworking
    Spalted Wood - FineWoodworking

All seen within the last 2 weeks - sadly edible ones (Turky Tail's a good medicinal) are more elusive - send rain...
    Attached Images Attached Images home-made spalting-t-tail-jpg home-made spalting-p1070605-jpg home-made spalting-not-dead-mans-fingers-jpg 

User Info Menu

No bread, beer. wine. cheese, yoghurt, chocolate, soy sauce, etc etc...
    whole families of antibiotics, anti cancer, anti viral drugs, immune suppressants,
    not to mention the billions that live on / in you & without which you wouldn't survive..

I think this Collared Earthstar proves my point...
    Attached Images Attached Images home-made spalting-collared-earthstar-jpg 

User Info Menu

You'll never get invited to parties if word gets around that you're not a Fun Guy.