The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Do you see any issues with the neck joint and the seam in the top running alongside the fretboard extension? Thank you all in advance.

Last edited by Jabberwocky; 07-07-2022 at 06:49 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Some more pics please. Closer up, neck to body join, lower angle, close up by where the neck meets the pickup area.
    I don't see anything overtly alarming from just this one photo. But certainly there's enough there that I'd want to have a closer peek, please.

User Info Menu

Thank you, Jimmy Blue Note. I was hoping that you would see this post and shed some light on it. Sorry, that is the only photo I have from the Japanese dealer right now. It is a Jimmy Foster 7-string Crescent City that I am interested in.

I'll see if I can get a few more photos from him.

User Info Menu

If it’s OK, that’s a great guitar! I’ve never seen a 7 string CC pickup before. Lollar doesn’t have one listed on the website. Do you know what it is?

User Info Menu

Silly me! I had the Japanese blurb translated and this is what it says:
    Handmade guitar by New Orleans maker Jimmy Foster, also known as "Foster Guitars". This is USED of "Crescent City", an all-veneer acoustic arch top with a 17-inch wide body! As you can see, this one, which was manufactured as a 7-string model, uses ultra-strong wood grain quilted maple material for the body back, and has an outstanding presence in combination with a large body. Unfortunately, the neck body has a history of damage in the past and has been replaced with a newly manufactured one in Japan, but since the original plate of the head top is transplanted as it is, there is no discomfort, and of course playability is also good. It's good. In addition, after the arrival of our shop, we have completed the necessary repair adjustments such as fret rubbing / reshaping and tailpiece xylem repair, so the practical aspect is also perfect! You can enjoy a high-quality 7-string arch top sound with a good balance of crisp highs and rich lows.