The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have an Ibanez ag75 that I really enjoy. Purchased it used about a year ago and have decided to swap out the wiring harness and PUPs.
    My question is, does an SD Seth Lover drop in as an exact fit, or will I have to modify the mounting ring and or body? Per the specs on the SD site it appears to fit, but always like to hear from folks who know.
    Thanks
    Ralphy

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Exact fit

User Info Menu

Yep…. My AG95 got Fralin moderns, they fit fine.
    Major tone improvement i think youll like it!

User Info Menu

Thanks for the help, will order today. FYI, I purchased my wiring and pots from Tonemanguitar. I have no affiliation with him, but I have never gotten such great customer help and support from any provider like that. This guy is over the top helpful and responsive.

User Info Menu

I worked at Ibanez and always took advantage of the monthly picks of the enormous 'Seconds' room. Picture an aircraft hanger sized room stacked like a library full of instruments with flaws, some as superficial as a finish that was the tiniest shade off of the ideal shade on the back of the headstock...
    Well I wound up with lots of guitars and switching out the pickups was the automatic first step. Duncans were my favourite. And this single upgrade turned a good guitar into an exceptional professional working tool. Yeah get a really good pro setup while you're at it. Make sure to replace that input jack with a solid American thread jack like a Switchcraft. The consistent weakness in just about any Asian production guitar is mediocre quality jacks. Easy to fix.
    Enjoy and make music!

User Info Menu

thanks I appreciate the advice.