The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 60 of 60

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    It ended up here and the surgery began.

Thank you very much to let us see the whole process of that resurrection. This guitar looks gorgeous and I would be very interested to hear it.

By the way, I'm lucky you posted this photograph of an opened vintage l7c box. As I can see, the neck block is narrower than the measurements given in the benedetto book (I'm working on a repro of the l7)

Can I ask you the weight your guitar ?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here's another one - a L-5/JS/ES-350 mashup: a '54 Gibson ES-350, with a JS-style top either made by or installed by Benedetto. Old JS pickup, L-5 tailpiece. Pickguard by Nick Bachman in the pre-war style. The reverse plating thing is gorgeous, IMO. I'd love to play this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images Resurrection-gib-es350-l5-js-mutt4-jpg Resurrection-gib-es350-l5-js-mutt1-jpg Resurrection-gib-es350-l5-js-mutt8-jpg Resurrection-gib-es350-l5-js-mutt-jpg Resurrection-gib-es350-l5-js-mutt2-jpg Resurrection-gib-es350-l5-js-mutt10-jpg Resurrection-gib-es350-l5-js-mutt3-jpg 

User Info Menu

Waow, impressive work. Thank you so much for sharing those projects on the forum.

User Info Menu

This is the fantastic content that keeps me on this forum!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by arno_byr
    Thank you very much to let us see the whole process of that resurrection. This guitar looks gorgeous and I would be very interested to hear it. By the way, I'm lucky you posted this photograph of an opened vintage l7c box. As I can see, the neck block is narrower than the measurements given in the benedetto book (I'm working on a repro of the l7) Can I ask you the weight your guitar ?
    Weight to come. Note that the neck block is extended on the bass side to allow for a strap button to be installed into the rim of the guitar.

User Info Menu

Yes, but what strikes me the most is that the length of the neck block is maybe a third shorter than the one I have stuck in my repro.

The finished instrument weight around and 2.2 kg without all the hardware. And maybe it can be lightened a bit more the without damaging the strength of the neck joint.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by arno_byr
    Thank you very much to let us see the whole process of that resurrection. This guitar looks gorgeous and I would be very interested to hear it. By the way, I'm lucky you posted this photograph of an opened vintage l7c box. As I can see, the neck block is narrower than the measurements given in the benedetto book (I'm working on a repro of the l7)
    Can I ask you the weight your guitar ?
    The Gibsellone Award weighs just a hair over 6 pounds, 1 ounce | 2.75 Kg.

User Info Menu

Here's the guitar that was build with a late 1950s L-4/L-4C top. It's a thinline, short-scale, rosewood trim, and Acer Saccharum back. It has a strong acoustic voice. Note the snakehead, Gibson-style tuners, dot inlays, strap button placement, and Gibson f-holes. Pure performance machine:

Attached Images Attached Images Resurrection-img_3324-jpg Resurrection-img_3322-jpg Resurrection-img_3325-jpg 

User Info Menu

Thank you for your reply and to have taken the time to weight it.
    That's a light instrument considering the weight of the hardware.
    A superb project

User Info Menu

This thread shows an impressive list of stunning guitars...