The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 37 of 37

User Info Menu

The operation appears to have been successful. Behold, the Gibsellone Award:
    Attached Images Attached Images Resurrection-gibsellone-face-1-jpeg Resurrection-gibsellone-headstock_5259_1-jpg Resurrection-gibsellone-back-1-jpeg Resurrection-gibsellone-cutaway_5283_1-jpg Resurrection-gibsellone-back_5278_1-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 06-18-2022 at 03:21 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    SS, in keeping with the 1952 provenance of the original:
    -nut width: 1 3/4"
    -depth at 1st fret: @0.93"
    -depth at 9th/10th fret: 1"
    -profile: early '50s fat C
    You'll get to play it in person soon enough, once I have it in my hands.

excellent ! I have the same waffle back tuners on the Monty, they are my fave>!

Looking forward to putting eyeballs on it in person

User Info Menu

That is one beautiful instrument!

User Info Menu

Big time WOW !

User Info Menu

Yeah, it is magnificent, well worth a gibson serial run. Wishful thinking no doubt

User Info Menu

Brilliant! It has an endpin jack?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Brilliant! It has an endpin jack?
    It has one now, which is Mark's preference.
    Attached Images Attached Images Resurrection-campellone-gibl7p-39-rims-jack-hole-scraped-jpeg 

User Info Menu

It has one now, which is Mark's preference.
    very nice repair !

User Info Menu

Of course, a Gibson-branded guitar should be carried around in a Gibson-branded case (well, the little leather pull tab for the case pocket says "Gibson.") that weighs a thousand pounds. The faux-ostrich covering is a fun bit of icing.
    A real ostrich skin case would probably be close to $6k. Maybe more. Just a guess.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    A real ostrich skin case would probably be close to $6k. Maybe more. Just a guess.
    Yes. When I had the leather interior of the Bentley re-done in real ostrich skin, it cost thousands and thousands of dollars. To their credit, though, the folks at Connolly were real good about colour-matching it all to my favourite rig.

I'll dig up a few pix. Here's what we did for exterior paint. I considered something similar for the Gibsellone, but decided instead to show off the funky wood figuring:

User Info Menu

Yes. When I had the leather interior of the Bentley re-done in real ostrich skin, it cost thousands and thousands of dollars.
    Now I understand your pseudo I think - a subtle reference to your Liberace legacy?

User Info Menu

purple stank !! )