The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I don't really know anything about basic care for my guitar. I was thinking about mounting a metronome to it though, and was hoping to do it without damaging anything. It's an Epiphone dot. I'm imagining velcro tape, but I assume that it would tear up the finish unless I put it on the pick guard, which is a possibility. Just thought I'd post here to see if anyone had any ideas.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think you can use a snark clip on tuner?

User Info Menu

But why? Just put it on the table next to you or in a shirt pocket.

User Info Menu

There are clip-on tuners that double as metronomes. That's probably the easiest way to do it. But it depends on your guitar, and where you want to mount the metronome. Rubber bands could work for a pickguard or tailpiece, I suppose. This is something I've never even thought about, so I don't really have much to offer, off the top of my head. I just never saw the point, but I miss a lot of things.

User Info Menu

You could a metronome app on your phone or tablet. Even for performance use, it’d work fine with an earbud.

User Info Menu

you don’t even need an app just type metronome into Google and one comes up.

Would like to mount a metronome to my guitar-0994b624-9329-4ef6-bfc3-cf8ec28b5488-jpeg

User Info Menu

No affiliation other than I keep getting YouTube ads for it -- are they telling me something?

Thanks for all of the suggestions! I've got a couple of metronomes, but I've got a bad habit of losing them or leaving them in places where I don't feel like going to get them. I'd love to be able to start a metronome with as little friction as possible. I'd ideally like to be playing more with a metronome than without. My only other requirement is that I need a volume control which is why I haven't picked up the snark clip.

Right now I'm using the metronome on my RC-3 loop pedal as well as the google chrome one. I'm looking for a metronome that would be even easier than that. As silly as it sounds, sometimes bending over to turn the metronome on and off on the pedal is a high enough barrier for me to not use it when I should be. It's not super important or anything. Something really appeals to me about the idea of a metronome almost being part of the guitar, if you know what I mean.

User Info Menu

There's a cool metronome app for the iPhone and Apple Watch called Pulse. You can get multiple sounds and / or a haptic tap on your wrist, and it's easy to set and operate while you're playing.