The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I went to visit my wife's family in Westchester NY last week and stopped in at Rudy's Music in Scarsdale. He has a quite a collection of archtops including a museum of original D'Angelico and D'Aquisto's as well as a really fine grouping of Monteleone guitars. This included the Il Bambino - a one-off short-scale archtop that is just remarkable:
    Return of the Jedi?-img_0937-jpgReturn of the Jedi?-img_0938-jpg

This has planted the idea of building a mini-style archtop like this or Metheny's mini-PM, and may spur my seeking to return to the bench.......

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow, do you know what the actual scale is?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Wow, do you know what the actual scale is?
    I don't... I was thinking of touching base with the fella at Rudy's to find out some general deets.

User Info Menu

Did he move a lot of the D'Angelicos and D'Aquistos out of the Soho location to Scarsdale?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie2
    Did he move a lot of the D'Angelicos and D'Aquistos out of the Soho location to Scarsdale?
    I haven't been down to the Soho shop for ages, so I'm not sure what they had there and what may have been relocated. Here are some pics of the D'Aquisto's in the case..
    Return of the Jedi?-img_0931-jpgReturn of the Jedi?-img_0933-jpgReturn of the Jedi?-img_0932-jpgReturn of the Jedi?-img_0936-jpg

And a few of the D'Angelico and others in the shot:
    Return of the Jedi?-img_0946-jpg