The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

I recently finished this guitar and thought I’d share it with you all. My client wanted my take on his ‘66 Florentine cutaway L-5. It shares all the same specs as an L-5 so no need to say them. It has flamed maple binding as well as a maple pickguard. I also did an inlayed purfling detail on the back and butt joint of the sides which is mimicked in the headstock inlay and truss rod cover. I made some clear Art Deco knobs for it but those may get changed for a different color. The clear is a little bit too jarring and I’m currently working on some in a subtle amber. The pickups are Lindy Fralin pure PAF’s. Thanks.
    Recently completed Combs custom arch top-img_1902-jpgRecently completed Combs custom arch top-img_1906-jpgRecently completed Combs custom arch top-apc_0223-jpgRecently completed Combs custom arch top-apc_0222-jpgRecently completed Combs custom arch top-img_1909-jpgRecently completed Combs custom arch top-img_1916-jpgRecently completed Combs custom arch top-img_1912-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Some more pics...
    Recently completed Combs custom arch top-img_1917-jpgRecently completed Combs custom arch top-img_1911-jpgRecently completed Combs custom arch top-img_1924-jpg

User Info Menu

Jason, it's nice to have you back on the forum, especially to show to all of us these wonderful guitars.
    Welcome back !

User Info Menu

Very nice looking guitar. New owner should be pleased. I agree with you on the knobs. On the right guitar those knobs would look great. On this guitar not so much. Beautiful!

User Info Menu

Absolutely gorgeous! Nice work!

User Info Menu

stunningly beautiful

User Info Menu

Wow, that flame! Nice craftsmanship there!

User Info Menu

Thanks everybody!

User Info Menu

Gorgeous guitar, love everything about it

User Info Menu

Even though I'm not a big fan of the Florentine look, that is sick fabulous. The split diamond neck inlays are straighter than the ones on my GJS.