The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

Just like highlander, there can be only one….
    If you were to get one, playing indoors, no amp most of the time, mainly by myself… What would you get? Clearly not interested in 17”.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Mine are 15.5"

Danny W.

User Info Menu

Neither is inherently better. Try a few and choose whatever feels and sounds best for YOU!

User Info Menu

having built and played 15' 16 and 17. for just sitting around on the couch the 16' is my choice the 15' is strident and good for acoustic duo stuff it cuts through. the 16'is has a bit more range treble to bass. and is still comfortable.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ElPedro
    Just like highlander, there can be only one….
    If you were to get one, playing indoors, no amp most of the time, mainly by myself… What would you get? Clearly not interested in 17”.

I find my Ibanez AG95, a 15" archtop, to be near ideal for couch purposes. For performance, I default to my faultless ES-175. Both options are fine.

User Info Menu

Classical/flamenco guitars are 14", and have a full sound, if you're looking for something comfortable and good-sounding to mess around with.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

I've become a fan of 15"ers, have two. A Sadowsky Bruno lam and an Eastman 803-15 carved top. I'm a small guy from neck to waist, they just fit better, that's the only reason. Otherwise I'd prefer the bigger sound of the 16".

User Info Menu

It's a little like choosing a spouse. There are qualities that only you can say are right for you and they're ones that will let you be happy maybe forever. If ever there were a decision that you earn through experience, it's what body you will hold close to you, find a fit with and be inspired by, this is one only you can weigh. Not to sound glib, but you'll know the answer to this question when you play, really play an example of each. They're different enough in their individual charms and response that it's really worth the effort and time that you discover the fit for you. More to that point though, choose from the best; and that's not necessarily the most expensive. Enjoy the search.
    So that being said, I can only have one pet in my place. Cat or dog?

User Info Menu

No amp most of the time? I'd definitely go with 16". You will practice more since the sound will be more satisfying; that has been my experience.

User Info Menu

I`m playing a 15" Koll Ultraglide for the past 7 years or so ... staying put.
    Love the comfort and portability and yes it does "cut"
    Thanks Saul

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WahmBomAh
    I`m playing a 15" Koll Ultraglide for the past 7 years or so ... staying put.
    Love the comfort and portability and yes it does "cut"
    Thanks Saul
    Had to look that one up, very cool.