Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Does anyone knows the measurements of the original D'Angelico New Yorker neck profile and/or has a drawing of it? It could be similar to the Gibson 1959 neck profile, but I am not fully sure. Thanks

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #2

    User Info Menu

    They are all different nothing directly standard.

  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    They are all different nothing directly standard.
    Sorry, I was not specific enough. I am looking for the real 1959 Gibson's similar to the original John D'Angelico's. The one with a nut width of 43, radius 12, C-shape that is a very little V.

  5. #4

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by stevus
    Sorry, I was not specific enough. I am looking for the real 1959 Gibson's similar to the original John D'Angelico's. The one with a nut width of 43, radius 12, C-shape that is a very little V.
    Still not making an sense to me. Do you want the profile of a 1959 Gibson? What does a D'Angelico have to do with it? D'angelico guitars rarely have the same exact neck profiles and from what they tell me Gibsons in the 1950's vary also but probably more standard depending on the model. You have to be be specific on what you need and what guitar.

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    Still not making an sense to me. Do you want the profile of a 1959 Gibson? What does a D'Angelico have to do with it? D'angelico guitars rarely have the same exact neck profiles and from what they tell me Gibsons in the 1950's vary also but probably more standard depending on the model. You have to be be specific on what you need and what guitar.
    It was my understanding that the Gibson 1959 models had a similar neck profile as the D'Angelico New York 1948. So maybe that is not correct...

  7. #6

    User Info Menu

    Gibson had a relatively standardized neck profile on their guitars from certain yrs/eras.
    For example, an early '59 is likely to have a larger profile similar to a '58, but a mid to late '59 and early '60 is smaller and a bit more 'perfect' for many players and highly sought after. Then in mid '60 to about '62 it's wide and flat. There are exceptions of course but this is a relatively accurate sample.
    But when you ordered a D'Angelico @ his shop he had necks in varying profiles and nut widths you could try to determine which you preferred so there's really no exact DA profile for a particular year.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Gibson had a relatively standardized neck profile on their guitars from certain yrs/eras.
    For example, an early '59 is likely to have a larger profile similar to a '58, but a mid to late '59 and early '60 is smaller and a bit more 'perfect' for many players and highly sought after. Then in mid '60 to about '62 it's wide and flat. There are exceptions of course but this is a relatively accurate sample.
    But when you ordered a D'Angelico @ his shop he had necks in varying profiles and nut widths you could try to determine which you preferred so there's really no exact DA profile for a particular year.
    Thanks for the clarification. I didn't know that. Is there a place where I can find the measures of the standardized Gibson late '59 neck profiles?

  9. #8

    User Info Menu

    Google it and you'll find it

  10. #9
    I can find it for LPs. Is it the same for other models too?

  11. #10

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by stevus
    I can find it for LPs. Is it the same for other models too?
    Yes

  12. #11
    Thank you!