The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I know this has been discussed here before. Anyone have experience with these? Are some kits/devices better than others? Once you buy the UV device, can you get any brand of the fluid?

Sorry! Something went wrong!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have no experience with that particular brand. Some UV resin cures harder than others. Any UV light will activate the resin, it doesn't have to be a special one, as long as it emits UV light. Sunlight also works, but it's inconvenient to take the item outside, especially if it's dark, raining, or whatever.

User Info Menu

I bought the same stuff on Amazon. Use any UV light.

Wanted to see how UV worked out. So far so good. Can't seen any wear where I made the fill. Thing I didn't like is that I can't find a small push on tip for the bottle like you can with the Bob Smith cyanoacrylate bottles. Also doesn't come in thick/med/thin. Means you get a glob instead of a precise spot. Will likely figure that out but solution will have to be light proof.

User Info Menu

I just drop however much comes out, and wipe away the excess with a tissue, leaving what I need. That's the big advantage of the UV resin, you can wipe or whatever is necessay, and leave the exact amount you want before you hit it with the light. If you're not satisfied, you can remove it all and start over, no penalty, no mess, unlike cyanoacrylate. It doesn't start curing until it gets a heavy dose of UV. Inside room light won't start it quickly. I suppose it would cure eventually indoors but it would take hours. It won't wick into small cracks like water-thin CA, but I think you could force it in by wiping with some pressure. I haven't tried it in really thin cracks, so I won't vouch for that, though. Thin CA certainly has its uses. My primary concern with UV resin was to fill nut and saddle slots, and it does that better than anything else I've tried.

User Info Menu

I had my doubts that it would be hard and durable enough without the mechanical support of bone dust or baking soda. But so far so good. Not seeing any sign of failure thus far. And it is pretty convenient.

User Info Menu

It is strong and hard. Dentists use it for permanently gluing crowns. Teeth get a lot of pressure when they bite onto hard objects, both direct and lateral, so if it holds in mouths, I think it will hold in slots.