Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Posts 151 to 175 of 228
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogfaceboy
    Absolutely gorgeous. Congrats!
    Thank you ! Glad you enjoyed the build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

The inspiration for the headstock came from some of these pics I sent to Bryant - architectural windows, with black backdrop, and bellflower inlays.

User Info Menu

Congrats!

Of course it's a stunner, but man I bet its sound will blow your mind. I mean I have my 16" carved and 16" laminate reference points for Trenier guitars, but this one at 17" with a sound port AND the benefit of his constantly improving skills will surely sound incredible.

Here is a link to Bryants Facebook page with pics and a little info on the Georgian build - along with the Laperla guitar that he recently completed for his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by coolvinny
    Congrats!

Of course it's a stunner, but man I bet its sound will blow your mind. I mean I have my 16" carved and 16" laminate reference points for Trenier guitars, but this one at 17" with a sound port AND the benefit of his constantly improving skills will surely sound incredible.
    Coolvinny,
    Thanks for the kind words and for following the build. I understand from Bryant that Georgian is incredible.

Bryants skills continue to reach new levels of refinement - as evidenced by this guitar and other builds coming out of Uzes France.

Nearly 7 years ago - I mentioned on this forum what I thought about Bryants instruments and where I felt he was headed. Today, I can happily say he’s met all of my expectations and his future as one of the premier Archtop builders of our time has been secured.

If all goes well - the guitar will be leaving France Tuesday via Fed X priority. Looking forward to having it in my hands.

Will post some audio after getting acquainted with the instrument.

User Info Menu

Steve that is incredible to behold and I cannot wait to get a sound report. Clearly the guitar is going to be winner in all respects. I really like the finish it looks like a bit lighter version that Bill Barker did with a batch of his guitars toward the end. The finish was not so much sunburst of even dark but a nice brown overtone. This reminds me of the finish and what a job.

To me in my guitar life with luthiers and the folks I have been around it is one thing to build a fantastic sounding guitar, but finishes are a separate animal. Many builders have failed in that part of the build. Either the finish is too thick or it just does not lust out and look wonderful. Bryant has done the 360 and managed to put together the entire package. A trick in the the archtop world to get where he has is rare bird with all that is available. It takes talent, hard work, and bit of magic and luck that seems defy analysis. One thing Bryant has is your recommendation and help and I am pretty sure that did him plenty of good attention. Bryant has with you someone with a wealth of background and experience with archtops.

I compare the work of an archtop maker to a jazz guitarist. There are plenty of great jazz players who can play with anyone and hold up fine. They mostly are unknown except local or among players. Why they never become names like Kessel, Bruce Forman, or whoever is just hard to figure out. Same with archtop builders. Some build guitars as well as they come but seem to never get real recognition. I really think Bryant will end up being a standout that ends up in the top-tier of the top-tier.

So when you get this puppy we need a full report and of course a sound clip...........

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    Steve that is incredible to behold and I cannot wait to get a sound report. Clearly the guitar is going to be winner in all respects. I really like the finish it looks like a bit lighter version that Bill Barker did with a batch of his guitars toward the end. The finish was not so much sunburst of even dark but a nice brown overtone. This reminds me of the finish and what a job.

To me in my guitar life with luthiers and the folks I have been around it is one thing to build a fantastic sounding guitar, but finishes are a separate animal. Many builders have failed in that part of the build. Either the finish is too thick or it just does not lust out and look wonderful. Bryant has done the 360 and managed to put together the entire package. A trick in the the archtop world to get where he has is rare bird with all that is available. It takes talent, hard work, and bit of magic and luck that seems defy analysis. One thing Bryant has is your recommendation and help and I am pretty sure that did him plenty of good attention. Bryant has with you someone with a wealth of background and experience with archtops.

I compare the work of an archtop maker to a jazz guitarist. There are plenty of great jazz players who can play with anyone and hold up fine. They mostly are unknown except local or among players. Why they never become names like Kessel, Bruce Forman, or whoever is just hard to figure out. Same with archtop builders. Some build guitars as well as they come but seem to never get real recognition. I really think Bryant will end up being a standout that ends up in the top-tier of the top-tier.

So when you get this puppy we need a full report and of course a sound clip...........
    Deacon Mark,
    Nice to hear from you ! Thanks for the kind words - much appreciated. You bring up such good points about Bryants finish work. It’s very reminiscent of Jim D’Aquisto, and in my opinion has developed into something perhaps a bit finer in some regard.
    Its the shading which requires the artistic vision and hand control - and Bryant has it in spades. He learned this application from my 1991 D’Aquisto video build ( I no longer own that one).
    I met Bryant 8 years ago and knew immediately he was building a very special guitar - and since we both have the highest admiration for Jim D’Aquisto’s guitars we had a lot in common.
    In the late eighties, into the early nineties I spent many hours hanging out in Jim D’s shop watching the builds. Additionally, I’ve been hanging out in John Monteleone’s shop for nearly 35 years - he’s a close friend and I was at his shop the other day.
    As my friendship with Bryant evolved I shared a lifetime of build knowledge with him and he incorporated every single bit of that information - and has taken things to his own level of interpretation - which is phenomenal.

I can’t wait to play it - I’ll keep you posted.

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar, Steve! I'll be looking forward to hearing some sound clips!

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    Beautiful guitar, Steve! I'll be looking forward to hearing some sound clips!
    Thanks Mark - it came out real nice. Bryant says it has a huge voice. I cant wait to make some sound clips.

User Info Menu

It’s one of the most beautiful Trenier’s ever created Steve! Mega congratulations!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    It’s one of the most beautiful Trenier’s ever created Steve! Mega congratulations!!!
    2b,
    Thanks so much ! I agree, this is one of Bryants best - and the beginning of some real creative builds about to come out of Uzes France.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    I have to agree with this. I am resisting the urge to be envious, but ya' know, I have nothing to complain about.

I was gonna post a photo of my Trenier Aurelia here, but I am resisting that as well, as I don't want to steal anyone's thunder (not that anything, even another Trenier masterpiece, could make the Georgian any less thunderous.)

Quote Originally Posted by FourOnSix
    I have to agree with this. I am resisting the urge to be envious, but ya' know, I have nothing to complain about.

I was gonna post a photo of my Trenier Aurelia here, but I am resisting that as well, as I don't want to steal anyone's thunder (not that anything, even another Trenier masterpiece, could make the Georgian any less thunderous.)
    FourOnSix,
    Nice to hear from another Trenier owner. I'm glad to hear you own the Aurelia - which is another fine gem from the bench of Bryant Trenier. Thanks for following this build - and a picture of your Aurelia is most welcome indeed.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

This has really evolved into a really cool thread.
    I think this guitar is certainly going to stick in the memory of a number of future Trenier customers. Steve, you really did good.

You are in the middle of adjoining greatness. Jim always wanted to take it up a notch. Build something for the modern era. John Monteleone carried a new level of artistry into guitar building. And now the future is secured with Bryant. It must be cool to be a link between all of this.
    Bryant has the gift.
    I know you think I am crazy but I hope one day, one more build finds it’s way into your life. That would be epic. The creazione di tutti le creazioni.. And you can make the jewelry..
    Beautiful stuff Stevie. Beautiful..
    Joe D

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    This has really evolved into a really cool thread.
    I think this guitar is certainly going to stick in the memory of a number of future Trenier customers. Steve, you really did good.

You are in the middle of adjoining greatness. Jim always wanted to take it up a notch. Build something for the modern era. John Monteleone carried a new level of artistry into guitar building. And now the future is secured with Bryant. It must be cool to be a link between all of this.
    Bryant has the gift.
    I know you think I am crazy but I hope one day, one more build finds it’s way into your life. That would be epic. The creazione di tutti le creazioni.. And you can make the jewelry..
    Beautiful stuff Stevie. Beautiful..
    Joe D
    Joe,
    A very poignant viewpoint of the evolution and continuation of what Jimmy D’Aquisto started. What enables these artist to full-fill greatness is having patrons who encourage and allow the builder to explore his own new ideas. Hank Risan was Jimmies first patron to cut him loose to explore new ideas, and the Avant Garde was born. I feel like I’ve done that here a bit with this build.

I am so honored to be a conduit of sorts , to help Bryant explore his full potential - and he is just beginning - to bring to life - those dreams in his head -just like Jimmy did.

John Monteleone, once told me that of all the builders who brought their guitars to John’s shop for review - no one nailed the Jimmy vibe better than Bryant.

Knowing Jimmy , If he was alive today he would say something like this to Bryant “ Ok - you’ve got what it takes to build the damn thing - now make it your own”.

The “Georgian “ - represents the liberation and confidence to “ make it his own”.

As for another build - ya never know.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    FourOnSix,
    Nice to hear from another Trenier owner. I'm glad to hear you own the Aurelia - which is another fine gem from the bench of Bryant Trenier. Thanks for following this build - and a picture of your Aurelia is most welcome indeed.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Thank you Steve. Most gracious of you. I'll take and post a picture of the Aurelia tomorrow. I just put it to bed for the night.

Quote Originally Posted by FourOnSix
    Thank you Steve. Most gracious of you. I'll take and post a picture of the Aurelia tomorrow. I just put it to bed for the night.
    The headstock on your guitar is gorgeous and signified the beginning of the departure from the”norm”. Looking forward to the pic !

User Info Menu

Steve,

Beautiful instrument. Love the tailpiece design. Look forward to seeing the entire assembly.

AKA

Quote Originally Posted by AKA
    Steve,

Beautiful instrument. Love the tailpiece design. Look forward to seeing the entire assembly.

AKA
    AKA,
    Thank you ! So nice to hear from you and I hope all is well. Here is a pic of the guitar with a good look at the tail piece in relationship to the entire instrument. If you have any ideas about a personal theme build - now may be a good time to give a shout out to Bryant.

User Info Menu

Wow! If I ever win the lottery!

User Info Menu

My ideas would be very in the past. An an 18 inch D'angelico NY style, that is made like the old ones. The split-block inlay with 1 3/4 neck on a 25 inch scale in effect the Johnny Smith neck. Or he could just build me a duplicate of Johnny Smith's New Yorker only 18 inches wide. Put a dermond pickup on it like the originals. A guitar built like that but with Bryant's special talent to bring out the sound in the carving. Well I guess it is not going to happen. I don't have the cash and my guess is he does not to build something like that..........but I can wish.

User Info Menu

For those interested - the Trenier Georgian is finally completed. Here are pics posted today on Bryants Facebook page. The guitar is extraordinary - and I understand it’s a real Canon.

Bryant went over and above on this build - and it signifies the beginning of future custom unique orders to come out of Uzes France.

His builds continue to reach new levels.

Thanks to all those who expressed an interest in this build - it’s really exceeded my expectations.

Such sheer beauty, Steve. Congratulations!
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dcrowe
    Such sheer beauty, Steve. Congratulations!
    Dan
    Dan- thanks ! Hope your enjoying your Trenier. The Georgian arrives Friday - I’ll keep you guys posted.

DaShigsta Guest
    QAman, yours is such a beautiful instrument !

Looking forward to the sounds.

I want to have a new acoustic archtop or classical guitar
    built in the future, so I'll think about it !

If you have any ideas about a personal theme build -
    now may be a good time to give a shout out to Bryant.