The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Posts 126 to 150 of 228

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    Just got an update today from the bench of
    Bryant Trenier. The Georgian is in final set up and beginning to make some sounds.

Here are A few pics.

Bryant still has to buff out bridge/ saddle and mount finger rest. He’s currently tweaking in saddle and nut slotting - which has a profound affect on the overall tone of the instrument.

A guitar can only reach its full potential with a proper set up.
    Stevie, That is INSANELY beautiful!
    before you play that guitar, you must shave your entire body, from the eyebrows down. You need to take 2 showers, a half hour apart and then wrap yourself in Silk. Find a room in the house with nothing else in it other than a levitation device that holds the guitar with pressurized air (you know, the one that your D'Aquisto is in ) and just walk up to the guitar and caress it. Then, play great, like you play. No pick!!! And make sure your fingernails are perfectly trimmed.. No calluses. Anywhere. Not even on your feet.
    All kidding aside, that guitar is a masterpiece. Absolutely perfect in every way. An heirloom.
    You deserve it Steve. You work hard and you made all the right moves (unlike me..).
    Enjoy and thanks for sharing.
    Joe D

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Just got an update today from the bench of
    Bryant Trenier. The Georgian is in final set up and beginning to make some sounds.

Here are A few pics.

Bryant still has to buff out bridge/ saddle and mount finger rest. He’s currently tweaking in saddle and nut slotting - which has a profound affect on the overall tone of the instrument.

A guitar can only reach its full potential with a proper set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wow! That looks spectacular, Steve. I'm so excited for you and Bryant. So close! Can't wait until you make beautiful music on it. A real whopper!

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Stevie, That is INSANELY beautiful!
    before you play that guitar, you must shave your entire body, from the eyebrows down. You need to take 2 showers, a half hour apart and then wrap yourself in Silk. Find a room in the house with nothing else in it other than a levitation device that holds the guitar with pressurized air (you know, the one that your D'Aquisto is in ) and just walk up to the guitar and caress it. Then, play great, like you play. No pick!!! And make sure your fingernails are perfectly trimmed.. No calluses. Anywhere. Not even on your feet.
    All kidding aside, that guitar is a masterpiece. Absolutely perfect in every way. An heirloom.
    You deserve it Steve. You work hard and you made all the right moves (unlike me..).
    Enjoy and thanks for sharing.
    Joe D
    Hi Joe,
    Thanks for the accolades - much appreciated. This is a special build and Bryant really went the extra mile for me. It will be cherished for sure - just as you noted.
    When this pandemic clears out Id love to get together and have you play some of these instruments - it would be fun.
    Joe- you’ve made some great guitar buys along the way - and great choices in life and don’t ever doubt / second guess yourself. You have a loving family and you’ve shared great stories with me - and the value of that is priceless.

My work life has its benefits, but it also has taken it’s toll. Vinny sent me something the other day that resonated with me. It was a conversation with God - and at one point God said “ why is it that people sacrifice there health to make money, only to give the money back later in life when they have health issues.

Sometimes we lose track of whats important.

Quote Originally Posted by D'Aquisto Fan
    Wow! That looks spectacular, Steve. I'm so excited for you and Bryant. So close! Can't wait until you make beautiful music on it. A real whopper!
    Michael,
    It’s getting real exciting and Bryant is very pleased with the outcome. I’m glad I just let him do his thing- that’s when artists do their best work -and this is an example of that decision.

Your Jazz electric is right along side mine. Here is a pic of lacquered tail pieces- one of which goes on your guitar.

User Info Menu

Michael,
    It’s getting real exciting and Bryant is very pleased with the outcome. I’m glad I just let him do his thing- that’s when artists do their best work -and this is an example of that decision.

Your Jazz electric is right along side mine. Here is a pic of lacquered tail pieces- one of which goes on your guitar.

Thanks for that picture. I'm getting excited. Hope he's working on some pick guards for another guitar, too.

Thanks for that picture. I'm getting excited. Hope he's working on some pick guards for another guitar, too.
    I’m sure the pick-guard reveal is any day.

User Info Menu

Closer... Closer.... A really fine objet d'arte will soon be yours. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Thank you Stevie. Love the build a lot. But appreciate the friendship we gorged even more.
    JD

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by guido5

Those Jazz Specials are just amazingly beautiful...
    That's my guitar! I've now had the KA pickup mounted with screws into the pickguard instead of the original epoxy, which has not detracted from the aesthetics at all. The guitar is too pretty, really...

User Info Menu

Steve you're obviously going to love your carved Trenier! As you know, Bryant really knows how to voice a guitar.

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Closer... Closer.... A really fine objet d'arte will soon be yours. Enjoy!
    Thank you Citizenk74 - it won’t be long now.

Thank you Stevie. Love the build a lot. But appreciate the friendship we gorged even more.
    JD
    Joe - our friendship is invaluable - and thanks for following the build.

Quote Originally Posted by coolvinny
    Steve you're obviously going to love your carved Trenier! As you know, Bryant really knows how to voice a guitar.
    Coolvinny- your right , Bryant really does know how to voice a guitar. It’s all done by feel instinct and what the instrument has to offer. I just love your Jazz electric, and might possibly have a Trenier floating laminate one day.

For those interested - the Trenier Georgian is finally completed. Here are pics posted today on Bryants Facebook page. The guitar is extraordinary - and I understand it’s a real Canon.

Bryant went over and above on this build - and it signifies the beginning of future custom unique orders to come out of Uzes France.

His builds continue to reach new levels.

Thanks to all those who expressed an interest in this build - it’s really exceeded my expectations.

User Info Menu

Congrats Steve...

User Info Menu

For those interested - the Trenier Georgian is finally completed. Here are pics posted today on Bryants Facebook page. The guitar is extraordinary - and I understand it’s a real Canon.

Bryant went over and above on this build - and it signifies the beginning of future custom unique orders to come out of Uzes France.

His builds continue to reach new levels.

Thanks to all those who expressed an interest in this build - it’s really exceeded my expectations.

Wow. That looks amazing, Steve! I'm so happy for you and Bryant. I can't wait until you get it into your talented hands and make wonderful music with it. We're all anxious for a tone report! Congratulations!!

Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7
    Congrats Steve...
    Thanks Bob - it came out great. I understand it has a real powerful voice.

Wow. That looks amazing, Steve! I'm so happy for you and Bryant. I can't wait until you get it into your talented hands and make wonderful music with it. We're all anxious for a tone report! Congratulations!!
    Michael - thanks ! This build was a real personal endeavor - and I’m honored Bryant
    took the time to build me something real special. I’ll cherish this one forever.

User Info Menu

Hi Steve,
    I just chanced on the pics tonight, and must say that Bryant has made
    a first class job of your new model, the colour is unusual ,a nice burst
    I hope that you are delighted with it now completed.We look forward
    to your review of it once you have it home.

Best regards, Alan

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx
    Hi Steve,
    I just chanced on the pics tonight, and must say that Bryant has made
    a first class job of your new model, the colour is unusual ,a nice burst
    I hope that you are delighted with it now completed.We look forward
    to your review of it once you have it home.

Best regards, Alan
    Hi Alan,
    Thanks ! Bryants finishes are inspired by his surroundings in France - they are a bit more organic than the usual burst.
    I’m anxiously looking forward to playing it and will report my impressions.

User Info Menu

Oh my God Steve, that’s incredible.
    It looks like one of the 4 seasons guitars! Everything about it is elegant, understated. Even down to the fade on the headstock.
    Nicest guitar I’ve ever seen. Even Bryant is probably stepping back and saying, “damn, I killed it on this one..”
    Steve, that is just flat out beautiful. Wow.
    JD

Oh my God Steve, that’s incredible.
    It looks like one of the 4 seasons guitars! Everything about it is elegant, understated. Even down to the fade on the headstock.
    Nicest guitar I’ve ever seen. Even Bryant is probably stepping back and saying, “damn, I killed it on this one..”
    Steve, that is just flat out beautiful. Wow.
    JD
    Thanks Joe ! It really came out awesome . This was all Bryants design and he went beyond my wildest expectations.

Bryant and I have become close friends over the years and he really took care of me with this one . I absolutely love it - and from his last email it’s a Canopper (Canon - whopper) .

I’ll make some audio and keep you posted when it arrives.

User Info Menu

Nothing less than superb! I love the finish - I would call it cafe-au-lait. And I could drink it in all day!

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Nothing less than superb! I love the finish - I would call it cafe-au-lait. And I could drink it in all day!
    Citizen74,
    Thanks for the kind words. I too love the finish, it’s organic and a thing of beauty.

User Info Menu

Absolutely gorgeous. Congrats!