Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Posts 201 to 226 of 226
  1. #201

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by kamlapati
    QAman and all,

    I haven't been here in years and years, but thanks for the reminder of what's good and important. Beautiful build and experience.

    Now, off to play mine. (#1069 and #1099)

    kamlapati - YouTube

    Best to all of you, stay good, and kind.

    K
    Great to hear from you, Kamlapati! Glad you're still enjoying your Treniers! Steve's "Georgian" is a truly remarkable guitar!

  2.  

    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
     
  3. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by kamlapati
    QAman and all,

    I haven't been here in years and years, but thanks for the reminder of what's good and important. Beautiful build and experience.

    Now, off to play mine. (#1069 and #1099)

    kamlapati - YouTube

    Best to all of you, stay good, and kind.

    K
    Kamlapati,
    Glad you hear from you ! This build came out beautiful. I’ll provide some audio soon.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #203
    The Georgian arrived yesterday and I was totally blown away at the artistry,
    fit and finish of the build. Its
    like an 18th century piece of fine furniture. The sound literally brought tears to my eyes. It has a warm, rich fat ringing voice with endless sustain. It’s like an organ in a Cathedral - just way, way beyond my expectation. The b and high e is real fat and reminiscent of what you would expect on a great 80’s D’Aquisto. The nut is made from mother of pearl - and the playability is effortless ....just a phenomenal playing experiences

    Here are some pics









    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #204
    Pic of fingerboard inlays. They have a gold hue when viewed at an angle.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #205

    User Info Menu

    Wow, stunningly beautiful! Enjoy!

  7. #206

    User Info Menu

    What a fabulous instrument, Steve! It's in very capable, musical hands. I'm so happy for you and Bryant! Dare I say the craftsmanship is reminiscent of a great Monteleone. Congratulations!

  8. #207
    Quote Originally Posted by D'Aquisto Fan
    What a fabulous instrument, Steve! It's in very capable, musical hands. I'm so happy for you and Bryant! Dare I say the craftsmanship is reminiscent of a great Monteleone. Congratulations!
    Quote Originally Posted by D'Aquisto Fan
    What a fabulous instrument, Steve! It's in very capable, musical hands. I'm so happy for you and Bryant! Dare I say the craftsmanship is reminiscent of a great Monteleone. Congratulations!
    Michael,
    Thanks ! It’s a very fine instrument, with
    evidence of refinement possibly influenced by the works of John Monteleone.

    Bryant holds John in the highest regard when it comes to the design , workmanship and modern interpretation of the Archtop guitar - and it takes the talent of a builder like Bryant to achieve such comparable high levels of refinement .

    Many of the refinements are in the setup, and not readily obvious to the eye , such as notching the nut, saddle and break angle off the saddle into the tail pc. The collective affect of these adjustments are what enables the instrument to reach its full potential. The bridge, being one of the most important contributors of tone.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #208

    User Info Menu

    It is a functional work of Art. Absolutely stunning in every detail. Truly magnificent, and utterly unique! Congratulations, and may you play it in good health!

  10. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    It is a functional work of Art. Absolutely stunning in every detail. Truly magnificent, and utterly unique! Congratulations, and may you play it in good health!
    Citizen74,
    Thanks for the kind words and for always following my posts. I was just playing the guitar and it’s so rich sounding with tons of sustain. I’m hoping to record some things on my iPhone this weekend. I’m not set up like Joe (Max405) to run things through the computer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #210

    User Info Menu

    What an incredibly beautiful instrument! It is indeed a work of art. It must be very gratifying to have your vision culminate in such a beautiful, one of a kind piece like this. Congratulations to you and to Bryant.

  12. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark M.
    What an incredibly beautiful instrument! It is indeed a work of art. It must be very gratifying to have your vision culminate in such a beautiful, one of a kind piece like this. Congratulations to you and to Bryant.
    Mark M,
    Thanks so much ! It is incredibly gratifying to see a vision come to life. The instrument is extraordinary - and when it comes to fit , finish , artistic execution and sonic output - it’s hands down the finest Trenier I’ve had my hands on.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #212

    User Info Menu

    Wow, man congrats..thats killerrrr. IM not that familiar with Trenier. ill have to check out his guitars..

  14. #213

    User Info Menu

    I wasn't sure I was going to like the headstock design when I saw it in the rough but it looks great finished and the echo in the t.p. is a nice touch. It's certainly a unique instrument.
    Enjoy that one!

  15. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzgtrl4
    Wow, man congrats..thats killerrrr. IM not that familiar with Trenier. ill have to check out his guitars..
    Jazzgtrl4,
    Thanks for the congrats- much appreciated. The pics don’t do it justice- in hand it just glows.

    Bryant Trenier is based in Uzes France and he builds in the style of Jim D’Aquisto and John D’Angelico. Throughout his building journey , comprised of twenty years or so, he has figured out how to synthesize the best attributes of Jim D and John D into his builds - and has created an extraordinary voice - which I’ll call “The Trenier sound” which has a purity and sustain that’s just remarkable.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkt

  16. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    I wasn't sure I was going to like the headstock design when I saw it in the rough but it looks great finished and the echo in the t.p. is a nice touch. It's certainly a unique instrument.
    Enjoy that one!
    Wintermoon, I had similar feelings when I first saw the rough drawings -but I trusted Bryant’ s vision and I love the outcome.

    Trying new things keeps life interesting - and you discover whats possible.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #216

    User Info Menu

    Who knows, maybe others will like it enough to order one and the guitar could become one of his models.
    But you'd have the prototype!

  18. #217

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Who knows, maybe others will like it enough to order one and the guitar could become one of his models.
    But you'd have the prototype!
    I would love to commission Bryant to build his version of a 1936 Epiphone Deluxe. I doubt I will ever have the money for such an endeavour.

    Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

  19. #218

    User Info Menu

    QAman,

    Congratulations on the fabulous Trenier. Following the build journey has been a great pleasure. Bryant spent time in Seattle with another of the great luthiers, Steve Andersen, early in his career. I've always been fascinated with the biographies of these, and of the others, both past and present, that have dedicated their lives to building archtop guitars.

    I consider myself a modestly skilled carpenter, but witnessing the skill and artistry of master luthiers, like Bryant, leaves me awestruck. Being able to own and play their guitars is amazing to me, every time I pick one up. The ability to identify with the luthier creates an individual personal connection to the instrument, that with respect to let's say, Gibson or Epiphone, is missing. And although it doesn't diminish my respect to the luthiers employed by them, nor my gratitude for their endeavors, when I pick up my Trenier, Andersen, or Campellone, I'm reminded to the person, as opposed to the corporation. I still love my Gibson's, but there is that human element of the creative process that is a lot less directly tied in to my personal experience. It's disassociated, but when I reach for my Trenier, it's more present.

    Again, congratulations. I'd love to play a few notes on that one. Wow!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Steve

  20. #219

    User Info Menu

    Steve, the long journey is finally over (or is it just beginning? ).

    I know all too well the anticipation of waiting across a long period of time on the commission of a custom guitar based on faith in a luthier. I am glad that you’re so delighted with the instrument (and I know that you know that it will just continue to get better and better over time with play). I have had my Artifex from Bryant for almost two years now and it is developing beautifully.

    Enjoy...

  21. #220
    Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    QAman,

    Congratulations on the fabulous Trenier. Following the build journey has been a great pleasure. Bryant spent time in Seattle with another of the great luthiers, Steve Andersen, early in his career. I've always been fascinated with the biographies of these, and of the others, both past and present, that have dedicated their lives to building archtop guitars.

    I consider myself a modestly skilled carpenter, but witnessing the skill and artistry of master luthiers, like Bryant, leaves me awestruck. Being able to own and play their guitars is amazing to me, every time I pick one up. The ability to identify with the luthier creates an individual personal connection to the instrument, that with respect to let's say, Gibson or Epiphone, is missing. And although it doesn't diminish my respect to the luthiers employed by them, nor my gratitude for their endeavors, when I pick up my Trenier, Andersen, or Campellone, I'm reminded to the person, as opposed to the corporation. I still love my Gibson's, but there is that human element of the creative process that is a lot less directly tied in to my personal experience. It's disassociated, but when I reach for my Trenier, it's more present.

    Again, congratulations. I'd love to play a few notes on that one. Wow!

    Thanks for sharing.

    Steve
    Steve ,
    Thanks so much for the congrats and for following the post. This has been a very interesting build and and beauty to behold.

    The craftsmanship and detail on this one is easily the best I’ve had in my hand from Bryant. My wife said “ Steve - he be built it with love for you” and she is absolutely right.

    I never rushed him with anything - and always told him to work on other clients guitars if he felt pressured.

    I attached a pic of it sitting next to my dinning room Buffett ( and few tea caddies ) from which the inspiration began. Unfortunately the pic is a little dark.







    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7
    Steve, the long journey is finally over (or is it just beginning? ).

    I know all too well the anticipation of waiting across a long period of time on the commission of a custom guitar based on faith in a luthier. I am glad that you’re so delighted with the instrument (and I know that you know that it will just continue to get better and better over time with play). I have had my Artifex from Bryant for almost two years now and it is developing beautifully.

    Enjoy...
    Bob,
    Although I never played your guitar- when I saw the photos I knew Bryant was taking his guitars to another level. When I met Bryant before the last Philly show he brought me a guitar he finished off with yours and the appointments were magnificent - just like your guitar.
    I was playing my guitar for an hour yesterday and it’s just perfect in every way.

    Thanks for following my build - it’s greatly appreciated .

    Steve



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #222

    User Info Menu

    I’m happy it arrived from France unscathed! Steve, you’ve got to do an official NGD for so many don’t visit the builders page. Congratulations!

  24. #223
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    I’m happy it arrived from France unscathed! Steve, you’ve got to do an official NGD for so many don’t visit the builders page. Congratulations!
    Hi 2b,
    Thanks for following the post. I think by now most people who are interested have seen the post - and doing a NGD might appear as though I’m bragging - which is not my nature.

    But for your curiosity - it’s an absolute Canon- and clearly the finest sounding Trenier I’ve had in my hands. The workmanship is exquisite on every inch of this guitar - and the dead straight neck and setup is flawless. I’m blown away buy the guitar and just loving the sound port.

    Thanks again for your ongoing interest.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #224

    User Info Menu

    Hi Steve - been meaning to check back on your Trenier thread for a while - I knew the shipment was delayed - glad to see it's finally arrived, and arrived safely - what a lovely instrument! - the level of Bryant's craftsmanship is evident in every detail - look forward to hearing some sound clips!

  26. #225
    Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    Hi Steve - been meaning to check back on your Trenier thread for a while - I knew the shipment was delayed - glad to see it's finally arrived, and arrived safely - what a lovely instrument! - the level of Bryant's craftsmanship is evident in every detail - look forward to hearing some sound clips!
    Hi Mark,
    Thanks for the kind words. The guitar is extraordinary - and the side port really makes a difference for the player. I’ve known Bryant since 2012 and we’ve become good friends - and he poured a lot of love into this build. If your interested send me a pm with your cell
    and I’ll text over some vids. The file size is too large to email, or download WhatsApp.

    Bryant and I exchange vids through WhatsApp all the time.

    Thanks for the interest.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  27. #226

    User Info Menu

    Fantastic... My Robert Garcia classical (with side port) forced me to amplify my (formerly acoustic) Archtops!!
    Well done Bryant!! Congrats Steve!!