The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 51 to 75 of 228

User Info Menu

bless you for going with gold mop over abalone. i've been saying this forever and nobody listens.

very curious to see where this goes. i'm liking the big art deco-y inlays.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

The inlays have been installed and here are a few pics just received from Bryant

The inlays have been installed and here are a few pics just received from Bryant

User Info Menu

Excellent, Steve! I'm glad Bryant is making progress on your guitar. Keep us posted!

Quote Originally Posted by D'Aquisto Fan
    Excellent, Steve! I'm glad Bryant is making progress on your guitar. Keep us posted!
    Thanks Michael. It’s a long journey, but I know it’s worth the wait. It will be a sound machine when it’s done. Your Jazz electric will also be worth the wait - nothing like it on the market.

A new update on the progress of my guitar” The Georgian” . The body binding was completed today. It consists of a thin inner strip of ebony, with a thicker maple center and perimeter band of rosewood. The theme of this guitar is early European period furniture / architecture - so no plastic.

User Info Menu

The headstock on your guitar looks like no other guitar I’ve ever seen.
    Unique. Classy.
    I hope this guitar is your best. But not by too much of a margin. I’d hate see the others get jealous and run away from home on you!
    Kidding aside, this project is exciting. I can’t wait till it’s done. It’s going to be nice to hear you play it.
    JD

User Info Menu

I'm at the point that I don't find most of the standard builds and NGDs that I see on this site terribly exciting anymore.

This build excites me terribly.

User Info Menu

Hi Steve,
    I have heard a few Treniers on YT and they certainly have a unique tone
    your new build is different too, an unusually designed headstock. The body
    binding top quality, I eagerly look forward to seeing further progress of it
    when Bryant sends more pics. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Best, Silverfoxx

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    The headstock on your guitar looks like no other guitar I’ve ever seen.
    Unique. Classy.
    I hope this guitar is your best. But not by too much of a margin. I’d hate see the others get jealous and run away from home on you!
    Kidding aside, this project is exciting. I can’t wait till it’s done. It’s going to be nice to hear you play it.
    JD
    JD- thanks for the feedback. The woods used on this guitar are Europe’s best quality.
    I know it will be sonically and visually incredible when it’s complete. It will be a “ truly one off” build and hopefully the start of some new direction for Bryant. John Monteleone broke away from tradition and it paid off handsomely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jehu
    I'm at the point that I don't find most of the standard builds and NGDs that I see on this site terribly exciting anymore.

This build excites me terribly.
    Jehu,
    Thanks - I too enjoy variety and unique builds. This will be quite exquisite when complete - I’ll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx
    Hi Steve,
    I have heard a few Treniers on YT and they certainly have a unique tone
    your new build is different too, an unusually designed headstock. The body
    binding top quality, I eagerly look forward to seeing further progress of it
    when Bryant sends more pics. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Best, Silverfoxx
    Silver fox,
    For guys like me who play unplugged acoustic Archtops , it doesn’t get much better than a Trenier, or of course a D’Aquisto , or early D’Angelico. This build represents architectural details and furnishing appointments of a period I highly admire. We didn’t want to go too far over the top.

When its done- it will be like a fine wine, well suited to a high society European parlor / cigar room sitting next to some tea caddies. Lol

Current update from Uzes France. The final top carving is complete and neck fitting in progress. After the neck is fitted, the back then receives its final carve- which includes recurve shaping and body tap tune. Bryant knows that I like a very low frequency across the entire back. To achieve this, the recurve zone is shaped to enable a flexible back, and when done by the hand of a master like Bryant, it produces that magic interaction with the top.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    Current update from Uzes France. The final top carving is complete and neck fitting in progress. After the neck is fitted, the back then receives its final carve- which includes recurve shaping and body tap tune. Bryant knows that I like a very low frequency across the entire back. To achieve this, the recurve zone is shaped to enable a flexible back, and when done by the hand of a master like Bryant, it produces that magic interaction with the top.

That looks beautiful, Steve. Such a wonderful, unique build. Thanks for sharing the updated picture!

Quote Originally Posted by D'Aquisto Fan
    That looks beautiful, Steve. Such a wonderful, unique build. Thanks for sharing the updated picture!
    Thanks Michael- I’m really enjoying the process. The neck mounting will be completed this coming Tuesday. After that, a few days of back carving and recurve scraping / sanding before finishing.

User Info Menu

Silver fox,
    For guys like me who play unplugged acoustic Archtops , it doesn’t get much better than a Trenier, or of course a D’Aquisto , or early D’Angelico. This build represents architectural details and furnishing appointments of a period I highly admire. We didn’t want to go too far over the top.

When its done- it will be like a fine wine, well suited to a high society European parlor / cigar room sitting next to some tea caddies. Lol

I can see the ad now - - -

Wanted : Euro " Tea Caddies " ...' English preferred but not mandatory '... ' Early afternoons '......'Prefer waitress / server experience'...

: ) Ah, yes.......

User Info Menu

I cant wait until the Bigsby is fitted.. (kidding..)
    Stevie, this is REALLY getting exciting. After this, there is no where to go. This guitar will most likely re-produce music that is beyond anything else I've ever heard.
    I am glad Bryant is tuning this after everything is put together. I worry about the pressure relief on a system that has a sound port that large. He will be able to put the finishing touches on it when everything is working together as a unit.
    This is awesome. Thanks for sharing this.
    JD

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    I cant wait until the Bigsby is fitted.. (kidding..)
    Stevie, this is REALLY getting exciting. After this, there is no where to go. This guitar will most likely re-produce music that is beyond anything else I've ever heard.
    I am glad Bryant is tuning this after everything is put together. I worry about the pressure relief on a system that has a sound port that large. He will be able to put the finishing touches on it when everything is working together as a unit.
    This is awesome. Thanks for sharing this.
    JD
    Joe - John Monteleone puts 2 sound ports in on most of his guitars - equal in size to what you see on this guitar. The inside perimeter of these openings are reinforced to prevent any deformation. I’ve played numerous Monteleone’s with the side port and the experience for the player is just amazing - and outward projection is still fine.
    After you’ve played one of these , it’s hard to go back to a normal solid side.

It’s been real fun watching this come together - and I’m just letting Bryant run with his ideas.

One day, when you come visit to play the Legrand - you’ll play this one and see what I’m talking about.

More pics to come soon.

User Info Menu

Very nice indeed Steve, the build has progressed quite rapidly. and already looking very good
    I must say that i'm fond of the sound port, I was tempted by a John Buscarino model with one
    on sale here ,but it sold in the blink of an eye. This was of course prior to becoming aware of
    Mark Campellone's guitars !
    Congratulations on this new instrument, we look forward to more pics in due course.

Best 007

User Info Menu

Looks great, thanks for posting. I agree with your comments about sound ports. I have them in my two nylon guitars and the additional sound provided to the player's ear is a real pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx
    Very nice indeed Steve, the build has progressed quite rapidly. and already looking very good
    I must say that i'm fond of the sound port, I was tempted by a John Buscarino model with one
    on sale here ,but it sold in the blink of an eye. This was of course prior to becoming aware of
    Mark Campellone's guitars !
    Congratulations on this new instrument, we look forward to more pics in due course.

Best 007
    Thanks Alan. The build is progressing quite nicely and im enjoying the " one off " nature of what Bryant is building. I agreed to take his 150th build nearly two years ago, and the guitar's design elements were created last December.

Bryant is already beginning to transition from traditional guitar appointments to his own unique ideas - and I believe in the next few years we will see some extraordinary custom builds coming off his bench. The " Georgian " is the start of something special.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rob taft
    Looks great, thanks for posting. I agree with your comments about sound ports. I have them in my two nylon guitars and the additional sound provided to the player's ear is a real pleasure.
    Rob,
    Thanks for providing feedback on your side port experience. If more people had the opportunity to experience this feature it would become more popular. Nearly every guitar leaving John Monteleones shop has a sound port. A good amount of his clients, like myself, play in an intimate setting and benefit from the sound port.

Another reason for me chosing just the single upper port was due to partial hearing loss in my left ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    I can see the ad now - - -

Wanted : Euro " Tea Caddies " ...' English preferred but not mandatory '... ' Early afternoons '......'Prefer waitress / server experience'...

: ) Ah, yes.......

Dennis, that was great ......I loved it.

A few more updates today from Bryant. Hardware loosely mounted on headstock - and I see a few of my buddies Jazz electrics in the background. Neck being mounted tomorrow - that’s when the guitar is “born”.

The inspiration for the bellflowers came from the leg of this 19th century pc of furniture.