The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 228
    Quote Originally Posted by D'Aquisto Fan
    Fantastic, Steve! Happy to see the wheels are back in motion. Especially glad to hear Bryant and his family are well. I hope the same is true for
    you and yours!
    Thanks Michael - all well here. Although, gradual closures in progress. Wishing the best to you and the family.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

As a woodworker and guitarist I get a woody just looking at that! Exciting!

I wonder if he uses a template and drills depth holes, or uses a CNC machine, or just carves it by instinct? Curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff
    As a woodworker and guitarist I get a woody just looking at that! Exciting!

I wonder if he uses a template and drills depth holes, or uses a CNC machine, or just carves it by instinct? Curious.
    Dr J,
    Bryant roughs his plates out using a mold and pantograph. This is how Jimmy D ,John M and most builders rough their plates.

The Trenier Georgian is moving along -the back was just glued to the sides and Bryant is carving the spruce top. It’s the cutaway.

The Trenier “ Georgian “ serial number 150-img_5498-jpg

User Info Menu

Stevie, another work of art coming together nicely.
    I saw Bryant playing some Johnny Smith stuff. My kinda guy!
    Stay well buddy
    JD

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Stevie, another work of art coming together nicely.
    I saw Bryant playing some Johnny Smith stuff. My kinda guy!
    Stay well buddy
    JD
    Thanke Joe.....its coming along nicely. Top being carved and braced in the next few days. This one is going to be very special.
    Hope all is well .....

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

The Trenier Georgian - serial number 1150 is moving along. Here are a few updates today from Uzes France. Since Bellflower inlays are the main theme, Bryant added one on interior neck block - viewed through the side port. I have a feeling he might continue this down the neck - but that’s entirely up to him.

User Info Menu

Coming along nicely! I would be climbing the walls in anticipation. Stay strong!

Quote Originally Posted by citizenk74
    Coming along nicely! I would be climbing the walls in anticipation. Stay strong!
    Thanks ! I’ve been through many builds - the key is to be patient and just let the luthier do his thing. It gets very exciting at this point - because once the neck is finished and mounted to the body ....the guitar is born.

What’s really nice is that Bryant knows just what I like - so no anxiety with trying to communicate needs.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=QAman;1020146]The Trenier Georgian - serial number 1150 is moving along. Here are a few updates today from Uzes France. Since Bellflower inlays are the main theme, Bryant added one on interior neck block - viewed through the side port. I have a feeling he might continue this down the neck - but that’s entirely up to him.

That looks fabulous, Steve! Love the sound port. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I'm living vicariously through you! Stay well, my friend!

[/Q

Thanks Michael....its getting exciting.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

QA, coming along nicely. I must say, that Is one heck of a port. That guitar will not have any problem letting sound out that is for sure.
    I love how the sound hole is not only a sound hole, but a window that showcases the magnificent workmanship inside the guitar as well.
    Getting pretty exciting!
    Joe D

User Info Menu

Steve,
    I think everyone is champing at the bit waiting for the next episode
    in this build, I've never seen a Trenier in the flesh but its already
    looking good in the rough.It must be nail biting waiting ,like anticipation
    of an Oscar nomination. I agree with Joe about the sound port.

Silverfoxx

Quote Originally Posted by silverfoxx
    Steve,
    I think everyone is champing at the bit waiting for the next episode
    in this build, I've never seen a Trenier in the flesh but its already
    looking good in the rough.It must be nail biting waiting ,like anticipation
    of an Oscar nomination. I agree with Joe about the sound port.

Silverfoxx
    Thanks Alan. The side port is consistent with that used on John Monteleone guitars and delivers a “ headphone” like experience.

Usually at this point of the build - I’m about 8 - 10 weeks away from completion.

I’ll keep you guys posted with updates as they arrive.

User Info Menu

Looking through that port I imagined I was looking at someones really nice music room. Just needs furniture.

Quote Originally Posted by Archtop Guy
    Looking through that port I imagined I was looking at someones really nice music room. Just needs furniture.
    Wow- that’s quite an imagination...... I like it.
    Bryants workmanship is very tidy. The sound port makes such a huge difference. I play guitars at John Monteleone’s all the time - and nearly all of his builds have a sound port.

I think if more people had experience with playing sound port guitars - they would truly hear the difference.

Here is a recent listing of a Monteleone Radio flyer with similar sound port - mine has one upper port instead of two.

Don’t gasp at price - but this is what a used high end Monteleone will cost you.

Monteleone Radio Flyer 2004 natural Monteleone Radio Flyer 2004 natural | Van Hoose Vintage | Reverb

User Info Menu

Oh the agony, knowing full well what's happening in France of all places! I hope Bryant is happy living in that quaint town. He's but a stones throw from Marseille, Nice, and Cannes! We're talking 4 hours to Monte Carlo! I applaud your tastes Steve! That's one gorgeous and unique Trenier! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    Oh the agony, knowing full well what's happening in France of all places! I hope Bryant is happy living in that quaint town. He's but a stones throw from Marseille, Nice, and Cannes! We're talking 4 hours to Monte Carlo! I applaud your tastes Steve! That's one gorgeous and unique Trenier! Congratulations!
    2b,
    Thank you ! Bryants family is happy in Uzes - and they are all currently doing well. He wrote yesterday saying he’s working on the neck for this build - and its taking on a personality of its own - and that pics will be coming shortly. This will be a very beautiful guitar when its finished - and I know it will be an acoustic cannon.

Here are some pics just sent to me from Bryant. He has quite a few builds happening. The Georgian faceplate is mounted and looking real nice. It’s a very unique build made just for me.....a totally “ one off” guitar

The Cuban mahogany.....inlay lines, ebony background and shaded MOP will really come to life when it’s sprayed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    Here are some pics just sent to me from Bryant. He has quite a few builds happening. The Georgian faceplate is mounted and looking real nice. It’s a very unique build made just for me.....a totally “ one off” guitar

The Cuban mahogany.....inlay lines, ebony background and shaded MOP will really come to life when it’s sprayed.
    That looks fantastic, Steve! Thanks for sending the pictures. Living vicariously through you!

User Info Menu

QAman that is going to be a treat cannot wait to here you impressions when you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by D'Aquisto Fan
    That looks fantastic, Steve! Thanks for sending the pictures. Living vicariously through you!
    Michael - thanks .....it’s coming along. Bryant just finished dovetailing 6 guitars.
    I’m sure one of those 6 is your electric.

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    QAman that is going to be a treat cannot wait to here you impressions when you get it.
    Hi Mark - it’s going to be a treat for sure. Bryant told me the top and back plates were some of his best boards sonically. He knows I playing acoustically- so the goal is a huge voice.

I know it’s been a while without an update, and that’s because Bryant is finishing up 3 of the six Jazz Electrics in process. So, while they are awaiting finish drying and set up, he’s back on my guitar. He sketched out the inlays yesterday - which will be gold and black mother of pearl.

It’s getting closer.

Happy Fathers Day to all !!