The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    I have an Ibanez GB10 with a buzzing neck pickup. It buzzes at two different pitches depending on whether the screws holding the pickup are tight (Db) or loose (Me or Bb).

Any ideas on how to resolve?

Thanks.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

There are several threads addressing this here on the forum. Among the possible solutions are using longer springs, using latex or silicone tubing instead of, or in addition to, springs, and wedging various objects between the pickup and the mounting ring. Woodwind reeds, picks, and foam, both hard and soft, have all been used. Different people prefer different solutions, so experiment and see what works best for you.

User Info Menu

It sounds like your pick up is vibrateing against the mounting Ring. try putting something between the pick up and the mounting ring see if that stops it. If it stops the buzz then use something put in that area. use some plastic tubeing the same color as the mounting ring or clear.

User Info Menu

Gb10 , no pickup rings innit

Right, thanks!

The GB10 has floating humbuckers, so I think I’ll give inserting shim(s) between the pickup’s mounting bracket and the end of the neck a try.

Thanks, folks.

User Info Menu

For floaters, you can try some felt under the pickups, or some Blu-Tack. I use Blu-Tack under my DeArmond Rhythm Chief, and it works well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    For floaters, you can try some felt under the pickups, or some Blu-Tack. I use Blu-Tack under my DeArmond Rhythm Chief, and it works well for me.
    A piece of soft pipe insulation under the pickup shut it up.

Thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The Moontrane
    A piece of soft pipe insulation under the pickup shut it up.

Thanks!
    good , it's great when it stops isn't it ?

Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    good , it's great when it stops isn't it ?