The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 37 of 37

User Info Menu

Thanks! Keep us posted. I would love to see yours when it comes in.

Chris

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly6928
    Thanks! Keep us posted. I would love to see yours when it comes in.

Chris

Will do, it’s a little bit away from his traditional builds in that it will incorporate an arched back and flat top construction. I believe Frans has done something similar in a Nylon guitar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Sorry AKA I noticed Your question now,

First of all, for my style (fingerstyle playing, chord melody) wide, masive neck with 14th strings is a solutions that suits to me. Elferink guitar is ideal and I chose it.
    I played on many (mostly laminated guitars- Guild, Gibson, even Benedetto), but always returned to my Tonemaster.

That is in my case and it doesn't have to be a rule.

User Info Menu

Hey hope you don’t mind me sharing these pics just in from Frans, coming along nicely

User Info Menu

2020 taking shape from Frans’s table

ElfeRink Build Order-img_5766-jpg

User Info Menu

@ the OP, FWIW, I have an Eastside Jazz LC strung with 13 roundwounds and a 14 high E. While not as loud as a carved top guitar, it is quite loud and I often practice without an amp - for its 15 x 1.75 size and laminate construction I find the acoustic tone shockingly good and loud (especially if I let the back vibrate freely). I've had Andersens (carved, lam), currently have a Trenier oval hole archtop, and have had lots of other stuff pass through, and this is based on my comparisons to those. I don't want to deter your Elferink order but just want to point out that if you're looking for something with significantly better acoustic tone than your Eastside Jazz, then I think you need to go with a carved/floater guitar.

Frenchman street was my favorite part of New Orleans by far! The Spotted Cat in particular, but also the sushi place up the street with the jazz band stuffed into the front (definitely the most cramped space I've ever seen a jazz band fit into).

User Info Menu

Ready for polish and glue bridge, ready end of Feb/early March.

User Info Menu

Wow. That is gorgeous! Can't wait to hear it.

User Info Menu

Update : email from Frans last night to say guitar is completed and just needs couple of weeks settling down. Over the moon with the results..

User Info Menu

Elferink update, guitar arrived this week and as I am ‘working’ from home now have got to spend a fair bit of time with it.
    I’ve always warmed to the idea of an acoustic archtop tone with plenty of sustain and this concept of flat top/carved back has worked a treat from the skilled hands of Frans who has indulged me on my requests and nailed it spot on, here is a small snapshot of it from just opening the box after about 30 minutes through an iPhone..not ideal but all I had a the time

User Info Menu

What I expected. Very happy for you!

User Info Menu

What a beautiful instrument! Beautiful tone, as well. Congratulations, and play it in good health!