The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 475

User Info Menu

For those Trenier admirers - Bryant just updated his Facebook page with progress of current batch .

Here is link

Trenier Guitars - A bit of color | Facebook

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

One of these is for my friend Nick Costley-White here in London, so I look forward to trying it soon! I believe two of the others are going to Pasquale Grasso and Will Sellenraad.

I’m liking the new headstock with the continuous curved corners.
    Last edited by QAman; 07-20-2019 at 10:46 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    I agree. And the snakehead orientation is lovely as well. But tell Bryant it will be better if the tuners are offset from one side to the other. It's something a few of the East German builders did in the 1950s. And it's one of several German archtop design features that Monteleone has incorporated into his designs. Better pix when I get back from the beach:
    Attached Images Attached Images Trenier guitars-quickie-offset-tuners-jpg Trenier guitars-montleone-offset-tuners-jpg 
    Last edited by Hammertone; 07-20-2019 at 05:16 PM.

Hammertone ,
    Great point with the offset tuners- I’ll pass it along to Bryant.

User Info Menu

That shape originated with his Aurelia model, of which I have the second. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by FourOnSix
    That shape originated with his Aurelia model, of which I have the second. Love it!
    Yes - I remember seeing it recently. I might have Bryant put that headstock on my upcoming build. Hope your enjoying your Trenier.

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    One of these is for my friend Nick Costley-White here in London, so I look forward to trying it soon! I believe two of the others are going to Pasquale Grasso and Will Sellenraad.
    Pasquale is an amazing guitarist - here is a clip with him playing with the WDR big band recently.

User Info Menu

I see that there's one with a rout and 3 holes for a 3-point mount Charlie Christian blade pickup. I wonder for whom that guitar is built. Hope Bryant posts a photo of the finished guitar.

What's with the new popsicle headstock?

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    I see that there's one with a rout and 3 holes for a 3-point mount Charlie Christian blade pickup. I wonder for whom that guitar is built. Hope Bryant posts a photo of the finished guitar.

What's with the new popsicle headstock?
    Hi Jabs,
    I believe these are all customer electric orders. Bryant will be sending me more pics as this batch progresses - and I will post them. He’s been designing some new headstocks lately , one of which is on the Aurelia.
    In fact - I spoke with my good friend Larry W yesterday - and he really likes the continuous corner radius design and will likely be ordering one.
    These Trenier Jazz electrics are really extraordinary guitars and offer the player something different than other market offerings.

User Info Menu

...These Trenier Jazz electrics ... offer the player something different than other market offerings.
    Elaborate, please?

His laminated plates are different , his neck angle is flatter and it braced and set up like a D’Aquisto. Additionally - it has an adjustable tail pc bracket to change break angle over bridge - which also changes string tension. -it’s light in weight and exudes a warm creamy like soft woody tone - not found In your ES -175 , Sadowsky , Tal Farlow or many other laminate offerings.. it’s just different in an excellent way.

Try to find one to play and let me know what you think. If you visit NY you can play mine.
    Last edited by QAman; 07-22-2019 at 07:54 PM.

User Info Menu

My biggest guitar regret is having never purchased a Trenier. And I agree that the headstock change, imo, is truly complimentary. Does anyone do D'Aquisto style shading as good as Trenier? Big fan!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    My biggest guitar regret is having never purchased a Trenier. And I agree that the headstock change, imo, is truly complimentary. Does anyone do D'Aquisto style shading as good as Trenier? Big fan!
    It’s never too late to acquire one.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 2bornot2bop
    M......... Does anyone do D'Aquisto style shading as good as Trenier? Big fan!
    Trenier's finishing is beautiful. Cris Mirabella is also very skillful with the D'Aquisto style shading.

Attached Images Attached Images Trenier guitars-strat-body1-png 

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Elaborate, please?
    Another major difference - the laminate on a Trenier is a thin 7 ply build up of maple and mahogany bound by hide glue. Unlike other 3 and 5 ply offerings. I believe this construction gives the Trenier the warmth and softness in the note.

As Pasquale Grasso stated when he first picked up a Trenier Jazz electric - “ the guitar knows you immediately”.

Pasquale is a player that can own or play any guitar and he chooses the Trenier for good reason. It enables him to get that pianistic tone which compliments his playing.
    Last edited by QAman; 07-26-2019 at 07:50 AM.

User Info Menu

I'm keenly looking forward to comparing my 2020 Trenier Jazz Special to my 2013 Andersen Vanguard Laminate. I think Trenier put more R&D into his laminates than Andersen did; the Andersen is a wonderful guitar but I suspect Trenier's laminate plates are nicer from what I've heard so far on the interweb.

Quote Originally Posted by coolvinny
    I'm keenly looking forward to comparing my 2020 Trenier Jazz Special to my 2013 Andersen Vanguard Laminate. I think Trenier put more R&D into his laminates than Andersen did; the Andersen is a wonderful guitar but I suspect Trenier's laminate plates are nicer from what I've heard so far on the interweb.
    That will be an interesting comparison - looking forward to the results. Steve Andersen makes a fine guitar.

User Info Menu

Fresh from Facebook, here's the Jazz Special that Bryant has just completed for my friend Nick.

Trenier guitars-70042708_2669185749812964_1248782297025478656_n-jpg

Trenier guitars-70299662_2669185886479617_1084969499871936512_n-jpg
    Last edited by David B; 10-15-2020 at 03:36 AM.

Just gorgeous !

User Info Menu

Geez!

User Info Menu

He's posted some even newer pics on FB of another Jazz Special from the same batch!! He's killing me with all these pics. I was patiently hanging around waiting for my 2020 build but all these sumptuous photos are getting me ancy...

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar!

Does the first fret inlay read Trenier? If so, I find this form of “badging” a bit odd for such a tastefully executed instrument.

Curious to know if that was a customer request.

Albert

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    Fresh from Facebook, here's the Jazz Special that Bryant has just completed for my friend Nick.
    (Dig that first fret inlay!)

Trenier guitars-70042708_2669185749812964_1248782297025478656_n-jpg

Trenier guitars-70299662_2669185886479617_1084969499871936512_n-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AKA
    Beautiful guitar!

Does the first fret inlay read Trenier? If so, I find this form of “badging” a bit odd for such a tastefully executed instrument.

Curious to know if that was a customer request.

Albert
    I'd say 99% chance it was a customer request. Bryant is a super humble guy.

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar, love to play a Trenier Archtop someday!