The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 475
    A pic of Bryants completed new headstock design was posted today - it looks great.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Starting to feel like a kid a few days before Christmas...even though my delivery of my Jazz is probably at least 6 to 12 months away.

I'm putting a Lollar CC (HB size) in my Jazz Special FYI. I was never a single coil guy until I tried one in a full-depth archtop (my lam archtop) but now I am hooked.

User Info Menu

Just noticed that Archtop.com has recently listed a Trenier:

2006 Trenier Model 17

This guitar for Will is just awesome.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    This guitar for Will is just awesome.

Spectacular!!

User Info Menu

Trenier posted new photos of another guitar for Pasquale Grasso!

User Info Menu

....and speaking of archtop.com, what is a 'stringphonic' ?

2015 Stringphonic Lang-C Limited

Haven't seen these mentioned.......Anyone own one / ever play one ?

Sorry, no affiliation w/ seller, etc.

Thx.

User Info Menu

I am really enjoying the Kent Armstrong 6-pole piece single coil pickup that Bryant installed on my 17” Artifex archtop. It offers clarity but adds a touch of warmth with reasonably low noice for a single coil. The guitar is only six months old and the top continues to open up with added play.

Quote Originally Posted by iim7V7IM7
    I am really enjoying the Kent Armstrong 6-pole piece single coil pickup that Bryant installed on my 17” Artifex archtop. It offers clarity but adds a touch of warmth with reasonably low noice for a single coil. The guitar is only six months old and the top continues to open up with added play.

A stunning guitar Bob - thanks for sharing pics and update. The tops due continue to open up with play......they become more lively and sensitive. My 2013 Trenier Classic has been played a lot and is every bit as good as my 77’ D’Aquisto - which is a fantastic guitar.

User Info Menu

Here's my friend Nick Costley-White getting to know his new Jazz Special.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Hs_sHnvls/

David,
    Thanks for sharing the video . Nick plays beautifully and the Trenier electric is just magic. Everyone who owns one knows the difference.

User Info Menu

Photo courtesy of Pablo Valle, who has recently set up Pasquale's new Jazz Special. Interesting that Pasquale has swapped in a floating humbucker for the DeArmond.

Trenier guitars-74701539_10219524121155426_7654395293642784768_o-jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    David, do you happen to know what that floating humbucker is?
    A Pete Biltoft/Vintage Vibe. Same pickup that PQ has had on his signature model (which in turn replaced a Biltoft/VV floating CC pickup).

User Info Menu

Here’s Will’s Special in action. That’s amazing.

Will is such a fine player as well as a great guy! His Trenier looks and sounds amazing!

There is a certain unique quality of sound that Bryant achieves on his guitars. It’s an organ like timbre and purity that inspires one to explore new ideas . For those who are fortunate to own one ....you know what I mean.

User Info Menu

I think this is just the best sounding guitar ever. Why do I even own other guitars?
    There is a certain unique quality of sound that Bryant achieves on his guitars. It’s an organ like timbre and purity that inspires one to explore new ideas . For those who are fortunate to own one ....you know what I mean.
    Gentlemen: The boat is gassed up, the waterskiis are waiting on the dock, and Mr. Winkler is on his way. Be careful what you wish for.

User Info Menu

Pasquale is an amazing guitarist - here is a clip with him playing with the WDR big band recently.

Loving the WDR big band in this clip.

User Info Menu

A pic of Bryants completed new headstock design was posted today - it looks great.

REALLY nice looking headstock IMO.

Bryant just updated his Facebook page yesterday. Check out the flame on this 2019 Broadway nearing completion.

User Info Menu

Ooh-lah-lah! That's some eye candy!

User Info Menu

I've been listening to Will Sellenraad's Greene Street Volume #1 with Eric McPherson and Rene Hart a lot lately. Very cool album recorded exclusively with Will's Trenier New Yorker, I believe.

Will is a fine player. Here is another video demonstrating his chord melody work.

User Info Menu

The sound of those guitars are huge. Acoustic and alive, helps if up play great like this fellow but still can tell killer guitar itself.

I can’t say enough about Trenier guitars. For those who own them - you know what I mean. Here is a quick audio clip I made on my iPhone with my Trenier Jazz electric 4 years ago. I just love this guitar - it plays like butter and has a very warm sweet tone- just like the better (real) D’Aquisto Jazz electrics.

Dropbox - Trenier - Jazz Electric Carnival.m4a - Simplify your life

User Info Menu

I keep going back to this guitar. If I was in a position to get a Trenier and I didn't want to wait for a new build, I would pull the trigger on this one.

Trenier Magnolia 2012 Sunburst | Reverb