The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Posts 251 to 275 of 475

User Info Menu

Correct - my 2016 Motif is very similar to that guitar (mine is 16" whereas I think that one is 15"). I understand Bryant built these models to be as acoustically responsive as possible, which is interesting as the top still has plenty of thickness to it. While the lack of binding is probably mostly aesthetic, "under the hood" that guitar probably has solid linings like mine (rather than kerfed linings). Apparently the theory is that solid linings give you more responsiveness; it's more common on classical guitars.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark M.
    It’s just a pleasure to be able to witness this kind of artistry happening in real time. The fact that we can be witness to these someday historic guitars as Bryant completes them is really special. I feel so fortunate to have one. It’s the only jazz guitar I’ll ever need.
    Mark - Yes, Bryant is among a group of modern era luthiers who are passionate, extremely skilled and have access (either directly or by detailed photographs) to the work of many of the great luthiers who preceded them. The very best are consuming that knowledge, refining it where possible, and contributing to this “Golden Age” of luthiery we are witnessing.

AKA

For those who are getting these guitars - just wait until you play them. They are what you would expect from a new purchase in the mid 30’s- and will not disappoint.

There is a reason why Bryant Trenier has a solid backlog and an increasing following. He offers a visual and sonic experience that we associate with great guitars of the past - along with modern improvements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

It is now electrified. Bryant says he will ship it next week.

Trenier guitars-180974727_501801371199649_1171982019806355246_n-jpg

User Info Menu

Beautiful looking guitar, Juan. Great pickup. But maybe drill the top for a staple Alnico pickup instead.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D'Aquisto Fan
    Beautiful looking guitar, Juan. Great pickup. But maybe drill the top for a staple Alnico pickup instead.
    Phooey on that. Dimarzio X2N right in the middle - like a one pickup ES-225 or ES-330. Double cream, of course. That would RAWK!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D'Aquisto Fan
    Thought about it, but I think Dynasonics will go better with the melita bridge I have ready for it.

User Info Menu

My riding horse
    is ready too.
    Thanks Bryant.
    Last edited by Fal Tarlow; 07-27-2022 at 06:39 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fal Tarlow
    My riding horce is ready too.
    Thanks Bryant.

Attachment 81379
    Wow!!! Stunning. That finish work is to die for...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    That's a good observation. I'm certain that Bryant applies his design insights as well while building these. Compare it to the break angle of my 28 L5.

Attachment 81199
    Has Brian T. ever mentioned headstock angles, and maybe his preferences ? I also noticed he uses decent size headstocks - - is this purely design or does he see a function ?
    Thanks and congrats to you Trenier owners !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis D
    Has Brian T. ever mentioned headstock angles, and maybe his preferences ? I also noticed he uses decent size headstocks - - is this purely design or does he see a function ?
    Thanks and congrats to you Trenier owners !
    Maybe he has mentioned it to others in detail. In my conversations with him he has mentioned "refinements" on the design. I notice that he uses a unique tailpiece on his L-5 type Broadway. I'm curious to see how it differs. Cosmetically it's very different from what I would expect on an otherwise very period-authentic looking build. I don't know why he chooses to use that on his L-5 Broadway when he uses more traditional looking tailpiece on the Excel type Broadway.

User Info Menu

It arrived today.

stay tuned

User Info Menu

Trenier guitars-img_8112-jpg

User Info Menu

Wow!!!!

User Info Menu

Unfortunately it arrived with a massive crack from shipping damage. You can’t see because it’s behind the pickguard. Much more agony than enjoyment. Three years of wait for a traumatizing ngd.

Trenier guitars-1cd07d11-4445-4237-8700-a7ea74958d95-jpg

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Ohhhh nooooo.

User Info Menu

Unfortunately it arrived with a massive crack from shipping damage. You can’t see because it’s behind the pickguard. Much more agony than enjoyment. Three years of wait for a traumatizing ngd.
    What's the rumpus? Throw a little glue in there, line up the two sides and bob's yer uncle.
    Last edited by Hammertone; 05-23-2021 at 01:43 AM.

User Info Menu

Noooo! Sorry to hear. My Trenier Classic was delivered today as well, after being in DHL / Customs limbo for seventeen days.

I have a minor bummer compared to yours; the guitar arrived with a scuff on the heel of the tailpiece as you can see in this photo. Will definitely have to have it repaired.

Overall, the guitar is a masterpiece of wood selection, craftsmanship and artistry. Feel, playability and sound are all outstanding. I’m going to spend some quality time with this one. I’ll post some pic’s.

Again - sorry to hear about the damage. Fortunately it’s behind the pickguard and an easy repair.

AKA
    Attached Images Attached Images Trenier guitars-db8afac9-4f52-49b4-9964-b0f3536d4cfa-jpg 

User Info Menu

Damn! That's a really tough one. Where's the no-like button when you need it?

User Info Menu

Trenier guitars-1cd07d11-4445-4237-8700-a7ea74958d95-jpg
    That stinks on ice.. Don't tell me he shipped it w/ the bridge mounted. That's an archtop packing no no and he should know better if he did.
    I'd send it back and have it repaired and the top refinished since it's a new guitar.

User Info Menu

My riding horse
    is ready too.
    Thanks Bryant.

Attachment 81379
    Hi Fal,

I'd love to see some more photographs of your guitar if you have any. My Jazz Special will have a number of similarities to yours.

Regards,
    D

User Info Menu

That truly sucks! It’s hard to imagine cleating a brand new guitar because of cracks. Sorry for the bad news. I don’t feel it matters that these are shipped internationally as damages can occur even when shipped in the states.

User Info Menu

My riding horse
    is ready too.
    Thanks Bryant.

Attachment 81379
    That’s one beautiful arch top FT! Exactly how I’d order one. Enjoy it!

User Info Menu

Update. I am sending back the guitar to Bryant. He feels terrible that something like this could happen. He has offered to build a new top. He will begin work the 3rd week of August and said he will do everything possible to get the guitar back within 6 months.