Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Posts 151 to 175 of 475

User Info Menu

Stunning jazz specials!!!

One day...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Those are some sweet-looking, music-making objet-d'artes!

User Info Menu

Wow! These are beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    Bryant just shared some photos on Facebook and Instagram of the last Jazz Specials of 2020:

Attachment 77657

Attachment 77658

Attachment 77659

I know the three gentlemen getting these instruments and they are going to be amazed at the tone Bryant creates with these Jazz electrics. These guitars are really incomparable , and have what I now describe as the “Trenier sound “ - which is a warm resonant responsive vibe with endless sustain and ease of playability.

The guitars are very light weight ( for a laminate) and a joy to play both amplified and unplugged

They have become increasing popular over the past few years - and those who own them know why.

What a great Christmas present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those interested -Bryant just posted a video playing all three jazz specials.

He uses an old iPhone6 like me- but you can still get an idea of the tone.

Trenier Guitars

User Info Menu

One thing that I suggest all of you waiting for your archtops from Bryant is to clarify with him your preference for finger rest clearance below your high E string. My 17” Artifex archtop from Bryant (which I love...) arrived with its finger rest only about 1/8” (3 mm) offset from the high E string where I typically pick which was too close for me. This may be fine for some players but it was too close for me (my pick would hit it).

A luthier friend of mine was able to adjust it for me to about a 1/4” to provide a bit more clearance (6 mm) shown below.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    For those interested -Bryant just posted a video playing all three jazz specials.

He uses an old iPhone6 like me- but you can still get an idea of the tone.

Trenier Guitars

That is a gorgeous tone. Trenier guitars truly sound as good as they look!

User Info Menu

You can watch a Trenier Jazz Special in great hands tomorrow, Saturday 16 January, as my friend Nick Costley-White leads a group in a live-stream performance, presented by London venue/band/organisation Kansas Smitty's. Kansas Smitty's pivoted quickly last year from a small basement bar (and one of my favourite London jazz venues) to high-quality streaming from a professional studio.

Nick is going to be performing music from Pat Metheny's 'Bright Size Life'.

8pm London time, on the Kansas Smitty's Facebook and YouTube pages. The video will stay up on YouTube for a day or two afterwards.

YOUTUBE: Kansas Smitty's - YouTube

FACEBOOK: Kansas Smitty's
    Last edited by David B; 01-15-2021 at 01:58 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    Thanks for sharing ! Great playing.....
    and the Trenier Jazz electric sounds great. Very smooth and pure sounding timbre to the voice.

User Info Menu

Just posted this on my thread looking for pickup recommendations but thought I would share it here on the Trenier thread too. I usually practice late at night when the family is asleep so I love the warm sound of this guitar unplugged

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie2
    Just posted this on my thread looking for pickup recommendations but thought I would share it here on the Trenier thread too. I usually practice late at night when the family is asleep so I love the warm sound of this guitar unplugged

Nice playing Paulie2- you can hear the beautiful round ring to the Trenier voice.

Thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

Tuesday 23 February at 8pm GMT, Nick Costley-White is playing duo with vibraphonist David Mrakpor. Live-streamed by Kansas Smitty's on YouTube and Facebook. Tunes associated with Ralph Towner, Gary Burton and other favourites.

Looking nice - thanks for sharing !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by omphalopsychos
    My snakehead next to someone's excel. Seeing this pics reminds me I forgot to ask for no first fret inlay. Whoops.

(I like my burst better)

They both look beautiful!

User Info Menu

NP. I just pasted it over from FB. Getting updates on this guitar is pretty much the only thing I use facebook for.

Keep sharing any progress, I would love to follow along with the build

User Info Menu

Two beautiful bursts! As you know J, I'm considering a similar vintage burst for my Jazz Special.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie2
    Keep sharing any progress, I would love to follow along with the build
    Paulie,
    Here are three more shots from Trenier's Facebook post this morning:

Trenier guitars-155891258_4070330456365146_4490789251443660168_o-jpg

Trenier guitars-155966799_4070330446365147_2741781503612570277_o-jpg

Trenier guitars-156242685_4070330443031814_268688477150421370_o-jpg

Bryant hand rubbed these finishes - and when the clear is applied and buffed out ...it will look like a Loyd Loar period finish.

My Broadway looked like yours at this stage and the finished product was extraordinary.

You fortunate to be getting one. My Trenier Broadway is equal in every way to my original 35’ D’Angelico snakehead. Neither of which will be sold anytime soon.

I sold my Trenier Excel to a friend - and it’s now in the possession of Gary Larsen.

Gary is a big time D’Aquisto collector and and enjoying the reincarnation of sorts , in a Trenier.

You will love this new guitar.

Oh - I see what you mean. No problem my friend. I’m excited for you......I know how good it’s going to be.

When I picked up my Broadway - I told Bryant it felt like I was at Kenmare street picking up a new D’Angelico. The guitar brought tears to my eyes. We were bought teary eyed.

I had the same emotional response with my new Georgian. Bryants guitars just keep getting better, and better sonically.

User Info Menu

Oh I'm totally prepared to cry when this gets here.

Special into a 1940 EH 185. Sounds pretttty good.

Nice playing - and oh that beautiful round smooth timbre of a Trenier Jazz electric. I was playing mine yesterday - it was from the first batch and I’m glad to own it.

In the late eighties and into the early nineties I had the opportunity to play a few of the D’Aquisto electrics during my visit to Jimmy’s shop. In my opinion - Bryant’s 7 thin ply plates enhance the original design by adding a beautiful warmth and responsiveness. I also feel the Trenier guitar is easier to play then the original D’Aquisto.

Last edited by QAman; 03-07-2021 at 11:57 AM.

User Info Menu

Just dropped my Trenier archtop off with my local luthier for the first time since I acquired it for a pickup swap and setup. He was excited and raving about the build quality, fret work, the pickguard, cleanliness of the work, etc. Cool to see someone who knows their stuff being excited about an instrument that I own.

I will report back on the setup and new Lollar pickup as soon as I have it back in a couple weeks

User Info Menu

Oh that's funny. You have a Trenier Excel and a DA Snakehead. I'm getting a Trenier Snakehead - should I get a DA Excel to match you? If I hadn't recently heard some horror stories about Rudy's I might have had one by now.
    I highly recommend that you do so.