• Zoller AZ-48

2 16.67%
  • Biltoft Dual Blade Humbucker

4 33.33%
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Posts 301 to 304 of 304

User Info Menu

I think you can add a few strategically placed copper bits and have your strings grounded through your tailpiece. Here is how I grounded a wooden tailpiece. You can't see the wire at all when it is on the guitar. I ran the wire through a slot in the fulcrum to keep it hidden from view.
    First-timer Archtop Build-p1010004-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cushman
    I think you can add a few strategically placed copper bits and have your strings grounded through your tailpiece. Here is how I grounded a wooden tailpiece. You can't see the wire at all when it is on the guitar. I ran the wire through a slot in the fulcrum to keep it hidden from view.
    That's slick maneuvering, Matt. Very nice.

My tailpiece design is a tough one for stealth grounding. I'll think about it a bit, as I have a little while before i get to that point.

After the discussion last night, I emailed KA about the 12-pole pickup and he recommended to first see if there is any noise without grounding. If not, it isn't necessary.

User Info Menu

There is no doubt about it, that a well shielded circuit is all you need. It is safer not to ground your strings but most people ground their strings without problems. If you use all shielded wiring to a set of thumbwheel V/T controls you probably will not need to ground your strings.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Cushman
    There is no doubt about it, that a well shielded circuit is all you need. It is safer not to ground your strings but most people ground their strings without problems. If you use all shielded wiring to a set of thumbwheel V/T controls you probably will not need to ground your strings.
    I got the Schatten thumbwheel controls that have shielded wires to use with the KA pickup.