The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Posts 26 to 50 of 60

User Info Menu

Hmmmm..... Daniel lives in the same city as I. After seeing this I have to pay him a visit. Thank you very much, you just made me decide to spend a lot of money!! ;-)

Great looking guitar! Enjoy it!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

If it sounds as good as it looks, you're going to be very happy Craig!

User Info Menu

Worth the wait Craig, IMO it will appreciate on its
    current value due to its rarity, we all will be glad
    to hear that the tone is what you expect.

User Info Menu

Stunning. What amp will you run it through?

User Info Menu

That's super cool. If I were home, I'd plug in my Sister #1 right now in your honor. Daniel has mastered the "New Vintage" ethos. The guitars look and feel old, but play and sound new. Best of both worlds. And if you get clumsy and create a new ding, good luck even finding it! I happen to like that.

Congrats and please to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob MacKillop
    Stunning. What amp will you run it through?
    Hi Rob, it's an early 80's baby brute with an 8" speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted due to double post.
    Last edited by 55bar; 07-20-2017 at 01:32 PM.

User Info Menu

The Slaman Jim Hall project.-slaman_done-jpgThe Slaman Jim Hall project.-slaman_in_case-jpg
    I just couldn't resist and had to post my Slaman Sister. I also got a vintage Geib (pre-War, I guess) that adds major Mojo to the vintage feel the guitar already has. Never had a guitar with a Charlie Christian pickup before, it sounds great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead
    The Slaman Jim Hall project.-slaman_done-jpgThe Slaman Jim Hall project.-slaman_in_case-jpg
    I just couldn't resist and had to post my Slaman Sister. I also got a vintage Geib (pre-War, I guess) that adds major Mojo to the vintage feel the guitar already has. Never had a guitar with a Charlie Christian pickup before, it sounds great.
    Looks amazing! Bet it sounds lovely!

User Info Menu

Call me Mister Motivated...

User Info Menu

Daniel really catches the 50ies-60ies shape of the shoulder and cutaway (which is different than on the modern ones). Love it!

User Info Menu

Wow. Just wow. You must be very happy!

Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Congratulations! That's a mighty fine looking guitar and I bet it doesn't only look fabulous!

User Info Menu

Stunning guitar. I'd love to hear your review of its sounds.

User Info Menu

Great looking guitar! And I know that Daniel's guitars sound just gorgeous.

Congrats for scoring that one.

Cheers.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 55bar
    It arrived yesterday, been so bogged down learning up some music I've not really had chance to play it.
    Initial impression, it smells great, plays great, acoustically well balanced even throughout the neck. Not plugged it in yet.

I get it, you did not have enough money for a new one ....

... I mean, it looks really good, and if the sound of 1923 model is appropriate example, it will sound really good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladan
    I get it, you did not have enough money for a new one ....

... I mean, it looks really good, and if the sound of 1923 model is appropriate example, it will sound really good too.
    Not sure what any of this means? I did have enough money for a new one or an old one, I just fancied this one.

Last edited by 55bar; 08-19-2017 at 03:41 PM.

User Info Menu

First part was a joke, the other was serious.

I'll quote rpguitar, basically, our 2 posts have the same meaning:
    Daniel has mastered the "New Vintage" ethos. The guitars look and feel old, but play and sound new. Best of both worlds. And if you get clumsy and create a new ding, good luck even finding it! I happen to like that.

User Info Menu

Nice looking guitar. Not that it matters but I thought Jim's 175 was fitted with a Gibson humbucker (soon after they were available) and his D'Aquisto was made with a Guild pickup?

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey02
    Nice looking guitar. Not that it matters but I thought Jim's 175 was fitted with a Gibson humbucker (soon after they were available) and his D'Aquisto was made with a Guild pickup?
    When he bought it from Howard Roberts, it had a P90 which he eventually swapped for a HB. Here's a clip from when it still had the P90:

Ok so now a 1951 has just come up for sale in the uk very close to where I live..... looks great plays great, has had a re fret? Possibly non orig tailpiece and tuners. BUT he only wants £1500...

Guitars are like busses you wait around all day then...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 55bar
    Ok so now a 1951 has just come up for sale in the uk very close to where I live..... looks great plays great, has had a re fret? Possibly non orig tailpiece and tuners. BUT he only wants £1500...

Guitars are like busses you wait around all day then...

Tempting (especially at the current exchange rate against the euro) - but unjustifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by destinytot
    Tempting (especially at the current exchange rate against the euro) - but unjustifiable.
    You think I should let it go? He also has an Evans RE300 £800 do you know anything about these DT?

They sound really nice looking online...

User Info Menu

I think your Slaman is stunningly beautiful, 55bar.