The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jads57
    Maybe some already mentioned this above. How about removing the thread posts then fill in the holes, put new set of posts and voila!
    I'd go that way only as a very last resort. Wood fillers can be OK for filling in cosmetic holes but this is a high stress situation where the entire sum of all vibrational information is passing from the strings to the body. Think about it.
    Ideally, these posts are a TIGHT fit, hard metal perfectly threaded into hard wood. I wouldn't recommend any compromise in this area, especially using a medium that wouldn't actually fix the structural problem.
    That's just my opinion though. I'd never do that on a repair myself.
    David

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Who the hell sold this guitar?....Tell us so we can put him out of business.....Could this have happened in shipping some way?....I would have shipped this back in a heartbeat....

User Info Menu

Ill ask, but I don't see him for two weeks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by artcore
    Who the hell sold this guitar?....Tell us so we can put him out of business.....Could this have happened in shipping some way?....I would have shipped this back in a heartbeat....
    Was it from a shop in London? I think they wrote a song about the bridge falling down.
    David
    Last edited by TH; 08-30-2014 at 08:46 AM.

User Info Menu

Guilty here of wakening an old thread.

I looked at my AR371CE and found I had loose bridge pins and tightened them up. They were loose in the base. I rotated them so that lean was towards the inside / outside of the guitar in lieu of towards the headstock. Wish they marked the bottom of the bridge so that you could identify the treble and bass sides. I might have them flipped. Not sure.

Danielle