Likes Likes:  0
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 14 of 14

User Info Menu

Hi friends,

I want to share with you my guitar made by myself. This is a model inspirated on very well knows trade guitars. I took from them what I liked too.
    I´m just learning about guitar building and experiencing on the way.
    Woods are from my country such as cancharana (body), guayacan (fingerboard), incienso, cancharana and bolivian cedar on laminated neck, curupay on the head.

Hardware is Gotoh tuners, pickups SD 59´ on bridge, DS pickups (argentine custom) on the middle and DiMarzio Tone Zone on the bridge.

Hope you like it!!!
    Warmest regards!!!. Diego
    Attached Images Attached Images My hand made guitar-cuerp-frent-jpg My hand made guitar-encastre-jpg My hand made guitar-cuerp-atr-jpg My hand made guitar-cabeza-jpg 
    From Argentina

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Well done.
    It's a great thing to be able to play a guitar you have made.

User Info Menu

Excellent workmanship. You can be very proud.

User Info Menu

Wow, really nice job.

User Info Menu

Mighty fine job. Well done!

User Info Menu

nice!

User Info Menu

Right on.
    "Whoever has ears, let them hear" Matthew 11:15

User Info Menu

Great design and great craftsmanship.

User Info Menu

How does it compare to other guitars you have played?

User Info Menu

Thank you for your friendly comments!!!

ECross, It sounds between a Les Paul and a PRS like. SD 59´ gives jazzy and a fat sound, like DS. Tone Zone is stronger and very crunchy, very sharp.
    But I think it needs to get aged in order to really compare to my others guitars. My LP and 335 are nearly 40 years old, and prototype is just a baby!!!
    From Argentina

User Info Menu

Sounds decent. Do you plan on building more?

User Info Menu

Yes, I made an strat, a tele, a jazz bass, and a walnut/sitka classic guitar also being finished by this time. I really enjoy it.
    In a future, I´ll build a bass for a friend, supposed to be bassed on my prototype. Will post it!
    From Argentina

User Info Menu

Oh wow so you have done this before. How long does the average guitar take from start to finish for you?

User Info Menu

It takes me so far as it is not my job, I only do it as hobby at weekend (few hours on saturday/sunday, when my wife and little daughter allow me, ha! ).
    I like buying tools and I´ve inherited some old wood tools from my grandfather, who was a carpenter. Besides a like woodworking and guitars, so luthery is the conjunction for me!

Here is my strat, hope you like it friends!
    Attached Images Attached Images My hand made guitar-strat-atras-jpg My hand made guitar-strat-frent-jpg My hand made guitar-strat-pickg-jpg My hand made guitar-strat-tapa-pal-jpg 
    From Argentina