Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Posts 226 to 240 of 240

User Info Menu

Nice.. seeya there!!!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wwwilkie
    Hey there everyone, just wanted to post my new Strathcona 17" in Honey Blonde as well as a set of Northern Flyers.
    I'll have these with me at the Montreal Guitar Show in a few days.
    Wyatt
    Good luck at the show Wyatt. What does Strathkona mean? are you aware the is a Kona brand made in China?

User Info Menu

Strathcona is a made-up word. It was originally given to a Scottish-born Canadian fur trader who became Lord Strathcona. It is also a region in Canada and the name of more than a few parks. No relation to your Kona instrument.
    Thanks James.

Hi all! I was at the Montreal guitar show and had the pleasure of trying dozens of instruments including both the Strathcona and the Northern Flyer. Both were great and in the end, I'm proud to say that Wyatt has accepted to build me a Northern Flyer with a few twists.

I have to agree with Steve. Wyatt is dedicated to the art and to my needs and specifications. He's a real artist and a luthier of the finest degree. We're hard at work on every detail of my instrument and I know that it will be a rare beauty. Thanks Wyatt!

User Info Menu

....jealousy...
    It's your first post and I already hate you....

Tell me about those "twists" you asked.
    If I had the money, I'd ask wyatt to build a 17" Northern Flyer with a metal tailpiece like the one on his mandolins....but I don't have the money now...

User Info Menu

Hi all, thought I would resurrect this thread since I'm building another guitar for Steve Rowe. This is a custom guitar from start to finish. This is a brand new shape which is inspired by the Selmer-Maccaferri models. This is 15 3/4" across the lower bout, 2 3/4" deep with a very figured Port Orford Cedar top and Claro Walnut back and sides. I'll post more as it evolves.
    Thanks!

Not sure why the photos show up as questions marks. I'll try to work on it. Any ideas?
    Last edited by wwwilkie; 09-07-2011 at 10:30 PM.

User Info Menu

Great! I am looking forward to another installment.

User Info Menu

Well, it would seem I'm no longer able to post photos so I'll have to give this up. I'm guessing I reached my limit with available space? Not sure why it's happening but I can't get it to work.

User Info Menu

I'm not able to attach pictures either. Not sure why.

User Info Menu

It's a mystery. I've sent a few messages to the powers that be, clicked on "contact us" but never get a reply. Not sure who "us" is.

User Info Menu

Just put together two slideshows with Ed Dunsavage playing the Northern Flyer Guitar I built for Steve Rowe which was featured in this thread. Thought I would post them here in case anyone wanted to hear.
    Thanks!
    Wyatt

User Info Menu

great work! will be visiting chilliwack next week

User Info Menu

very enjoyable videos Wyatt! Thanks for posting. You do beautiful work.

User Info Menu

Thanks you guys. I'm glad to finish up this thread with some great playing by Ed Dunsavage. He's a terrific player in Ashland, Oregon.

User Info Menu

What an incredible beauty. Now I just have to win the lottery....