The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Posts 126 to 144 of 144

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger
    I am pro-death. I have no problem with the death penalty (so long as it is applied fairly) and abortion on demand. IMO, there are too many humans on the planet and overpopulation is the root cause of most of our problems (war, climate change etc.).
    You're a pro-choice California republitarian.

Got it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Back in the 80's, I could ride my motorcycle to my nightclub helmetless (cam't do that today) and sell my handgun to my business partner (can't do that today). I could rent my home out for a year and move back in without having to give my tenants thousands of dollars in move out money (can't do that today). And speaking of my motorcycle, I could modify the carb and exhaust to get the best possible performance (can't do that today). I could compliment my cocktail waitresses on how nice they looked (can't do that today). I could put whatever windows I wanted on my house here in San Francisco (can't do that today). I could pay workmen who worked on my properties more than $600 without having to file a 1099 form on them (can't do that today). I could buy an AR-15 to defend my home if I was so inclined (can't do that today). I could get on an airplane without having a government agent looking at me naked (can't do that today). There is much more, but this is just stuff off the top of my head (like the motorcycle helmet that I resent having to wear).

Perhaps some think those freedoms were unimportant. Not me (and if you want to look at me naked, at least buy me dinner first ).

Regarding pot, Gay marriage and abortion; I am glad we have moved forward with those freedoms and am sorry about the backward movement on the abortion issue (people who have religious views should not be able to codify those views into law, IMO).
    It's California. What do you expect?

User Info Menu

I have been fingerprinted for 2 different jobs and yes it does feel like a violation of constitutional rights. I've never been lackadaisical about it but when I commit a felony now I'm super cautious about leaving any evidence behind. Get some nitrile gloves and put a few in your brief case, glovebox and guitar case. You never know when you'll need them but you sure better have them handy. Going back to tidy up a crime scene is NOT recommended; never doing that again.

If it pays well I would consider it, but if it's a highschool freebie it's a hard pass.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stevebol
    Video? Nope. Not my generation. I'm a performer.
    Record yourself doing music stuff in front of your phone, upload it and call it a performance. Wanna see if you really look like Elvis.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C
    Record yourself doing music stuff in front of your phone, upload it and call it a performance. Wanna see if you really look like Elvis.
    You offering me a gig? No thanks. I'm done gigging.

User Info Menu

I look like a bowling ball.

User Info Menu

It worked for Anthony Hopkins in that film he did with Nicole Kidman.

User Info Menu

You're a pro-choice California republitarian.

Got it.
    You have been paying attention. I respect that.

User Info Menu

It worked for Anthony Hopkins in that film he did with Nicole Kidman.
    The Human Stain (film) - Wikipedia

It didn't stick with me at the time but I'm going to watch it again. Right now actually.

User Info Menu

You have been paying attention. I respect that.
    You respect me for paying attention to you?
    I think you've been in California too long.

User Info Menu

You respect me for paying attention to you?
    I think you've been in California too long.
    It seems to me that you wish you were here in California.

User Info Menu

The sky didn't fall in CA, NV and AZ when they legalized weed. Don't drive when you're high and don't try to get a job in construction.

I have weed at home. I don't think I've touched it in a year and a half. I might smoke a bit after I move to AZ in a couple weeks.
    It tends to make me paranoid. I might try skunk.
    The ocean. Yep. San Diego is only 2 and 1/2 hours from Yuma.

The pacific salt air is driving Americans insane. Careful with it. It's intoxicating.
    You've been moving somewhere for 6 months

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0996
    Sheez… I regret having set in motion all this political debate and vitriol. I hope I didn’t violate any forum rules in the course of all this, but if the moderators want to delete this thread I wouldn’t squawk about it.

Have a great day everyone. All’s well that ends well.
    You handled this just right.

User Info Menu

Sure, as a tourist. My days in the underworld are long gone.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    You've been moving somewhere for 6 months
    I'm lazy. I just had a really bad tooth yanked out. Closed on the house a few week ago. I just need to finish packing and leave. It's going to be quite a leap from Las Vegas to an agricultural community in Arizona.

Green Acres is the place, to be...

User Info Menu

Dilemma… or is it?-buddha-jpg

My 15 minutes of fame was a long time ago.

User Info Menu

I'm lazy. I just had a really bad tooth yanked out. Closed on the house a few week ago. I just need to finish packing and leave.
    Just leave those one-armed bandits alone, they won't ever give you your money back anyway

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    Just leave those one-armed bandits alone, they won't ever give you your money back anyway
    A friend is going to help. We booked a truck for the 25th. We were friends on this forum before he moved here. I don't know anyone else in Vegas.

User Info Menu

Back in the 80's, I could ride my motorcycle to my nightclub helmetless (cam't do that today) and sell my handgun to my business partner (can't do that today). I could rent my home out for a year and move back in without having to give my tenants thousands of dollars in move out money (can't do that today). And speaking of my motorcycle, I could modify the carb and exhaust to get the best possible performance (can't do that today). I could compliment my cocktail waitresses on how nice they looked (can't do that today). I could put whatever windows I wanted on my house here in San Francisco (can't do that today). I could pay workmen who worked on my properties more than $600 without having to file a 1099 form on them (can't do that today). I could buy an AR-15 to defend my home if I was so inclined (can't do that today). I could get on an airplane without having a government agent looking at me naked (can't do that today). There is much more, but this is just stuff off the top of my head (like the motorcycle helmet that I resent having to wear).

Perhaps some think those freedoms were unimportant. Not me (and if you want to look at me naked, at least buy me dinner first ).

Regarding pot, Gay marriage and abortion; I am glad we have moved forward with those freedoms and am sorry about the backward movement on the abortion issue (people who have religious views should not be able to codify those views into law, IMO).
    In the lower basin, you still have the right to use 58% of the water.