The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 33 of 33

User Info Menu

The bass player from that 5K grant jazz concert I did, just called my pianist (who also played my concert), and told him he just tested positive. They had just had a jam session a few days ago.
    The bass player is doing well, luckily it was a mild case. The others said they tested negative...

Those guys are jazz junkies. They've been having sessions through the entire pandemic, but Omicron is just too transmissible for that anymore.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yes, you can't cut it with Omicron. Couple of months ago I played a gig where the sax player got symptoms the next day, did a two day recording where the drummer's wife was going through covid, no masks and we were really close talking, etc, no one got sick. Had students coming in that later were positive.. Nowadays we'd probably all go through it..

User Info Menu

With all of these cancellations, are any of you being paid a cancellation fee?

AKA

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AKA
    With all of these cancellations, are any of you being paid a cancellation fee?

AKA
    I was offered a cancellation fee on a canceled private party but my bandmates and I decided to forego it based on the cancellation being beyond the control of the client. We hope that they will hire us again up the road when things have calmed down.

User Info Menu

I just spoke to someone who knows a guitarist/singer who has turned down 278 gigs over the pandemic!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgcim
    I just spoke to someone who knows a guitarist/singer who has turned down 278 gigs over the pandemic!
    To do what?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cmajor9
    To do what?
    Perform music for a fee?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cmajor9
    To do what?
    Avoid COVID.
    And the money being paid was top dollar in NY.