Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 37 of 37

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B
    My neighbours are gonna think I'm going nuts-I can't stop cackling out loud! lol!!!

The same thing happened to me. A guy on my other forum made a comment about how the guy's face during the lyric "..free.." was priceless.

Working with a singer who "Just hears differently"-captura-de-pantalla-117-png

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jack E Blue
    I can't help thinking that Sara Brand is doing this on purpose for some reason. There's no way she can listen to her recordings and not hear how far off she is.

She's either playing everybody or she has some serious issues.
    The great Jo Stafford had a goof duet with her husband. They recorded and were out of tune; time; etc. Dunno the name, Jonathan Schwartz used to play them before he was offed...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Litterick
    More Sarah Brand.

I am a singer-songwriter and director from Malibu, California. I write primarily pop music infused with sociological introspection spanning topics such as religious hypocrisy, inequality, and romance. I write all my music, as well as direct and edit music videos. I am currently living abroad in England for a Master of Science in Sociology at the University of Oxford. I received my B.A. in Sociology from UC Berkeley, with Highest Honors, and a minor in History.

My musical journey began when my poetry began coming to me with accompanying melodies. Then, I began to dream every night of playing the guitar. On my birthday, I got a guitar and proceeded to teach myself both guitar and piano. My mission is to write socially conscious music to promote compassion and introspection through different perspectives in musical and visual content.
    Eeeew. Toe-curling. Horrible song too.

Stay in school, Sarah. There's hope---in a WAY different field...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B
    I'll take door number two, Chuck.
    I have to go with door #1. We're being played. I don't understand how someone could sacrifice their dignity for views, but that's what I think she's doing.

She went from 100 subscribers to over 700 in 2 days and and has over 1/4 of a million views on that "Red Dress" video. I think we helped her.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joelf
    The great Jo Stafford had a goof duet with her husband. They recorded and were out of tune; time; etc. Dunno the name, Jonathan Schwartz used to play them before he was offed...
    Darlene and Jonathan Edwards (aka Paul Weston). Their take on "Stayin' Alive" is unforgettable:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PMB
    Darlene and Jonathan Edwards (aka Paul Weston). Their take on "Stayin' Alive" is unforgettable:
    Too funny!

Now let's be fair and hear what the gal REALLY did (and dig that guy in the set up---still a liberal?)...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by joelf
    Too funny!

Now let's be fair and hear what the gal REALLY did (and dig that guy in the set up---still a liberal?)...

Forget about Ronnie, that's George Van Eps sitting behind Jo Stafford! Pity he's cut off at the end after Rosemary Clooney's appearance.

Thanks for the clip, one I've never come across before.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PMB
    Forget about Ronnie, that's George Van Eps sitting behind Jo Stafford! Pity he's cut off at the end after Rosemary Clooney's appearance.

Thanks for the clip, one I've never come across before.
    Tarnation! Didn't even notice...

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

There is a joke about singers (variation on how mane people you need to put in a new bulb)

So you need just one singer.. he/she would put the the bulb to the lamp socket. And as the world rotates around the singer, the bulb will screw in by itself.