The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 54 of 54

User Info Menu

In seriousness it’s all about performance context. If I am playing a function or background gig, my job is not to draw attention to myself. OTOH if I am playing a club or an arts centre, it’s up to me to present the music as best as I can.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by christianm77
    In seriousness it’s all about performance context. If I am playing a function or background gig, my job is not to draw attention to myself. OTOH if I am playing a club or an arts centre, it’s up to me to present the music as best as I can.
    Precisely! As always, context is, if not everything, pretty darn important.

User Info Menu

Andy‘s is a restaurant with some music. I saw Andy Brown there once. After the first set the whole band came to chat with us because we were the only ones listening.

I understand that the audience is usually asked to leave after the first set so they can sell twice the food.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

User Info Menu

I once saw Howard Alden at Peter Ind’s Tenor Clef club in London and our party just about made up the entire audience.

Howard told us to move right down to the front row and then asked us what tunes we would like him to play. He then played a superb full concert just for us (with Peter Ind on bass).

What a true artist, he still gave it 100% as if he was at Carnegie Hall or something.