Jazz Guitar
+ Reply to Thread
Posts 1 to 21 of 21

competition time for Helenas school combo nz national youth comp

the girls had there first public show last night for 2019 as a lead up to defender there new zealand national youth combo title

the singer is awesome bass was great keyboards is doing it and there new drummer has fitted in well

Helena played very well as combo leader playing lead guitar 2 more weeks to comp time they just may win again
    Last edited by helena; 03-25-2019 at 07:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

their keyboardist made best at last years competition

their bass guitarist made best bass at last years comp and hes far better this year hes a fill in from a close small townships school and very very good bassist

their vocalist was made best jazz musician in last year competition in 2018 and she is an amazing singer

there drummer is new and new to drum kit , but got though her set pieces

lead guitarist has improved vastly and just may make the top this year but as a parent i can not go there

the group as a whole was best youth combo in 2018 at new Zealand's youth jazz competition

this years set piece for the competition is BLUE RAIN which i believe to be quite instrumental

problem being i am not sure but i dont think any combo group has ever taken the combo title out back to back

Clips?

i think last years comp is on you tube and last year i believe it ,the comp was live on youtube last year im not computer wize , i maybe can find u a link , and will try and find a link to this years when it comes round in a couple of weeks i will see what i can do

the youth comp runs over 2 days

you could google the 42nd national youth jazz competition tauranga
    Last edited by helena; 03-26-2019 at 02:28 AM.

our girl is not happy , as she has the word from her main music director head music teacher she is going t have to play her teachers semi hollow cort guitar in stead of her D ANGELICO EXL 1 ,

reasoning being her teachers cort puts out more volume she can play the cort well but really loves her d Angelico

competition this coming Saturday ,

the girls are playing in front of the judges at 9 15 am Saturday morning , the 6th i think

i see they have the link up on you tube for the live performances starting tomorrow running though to Saturday its named

42ND national youth jazz competition

i would post up the link but im unsure how to do that ,

calculators where just invent by the Japaneses when i we to school and we where not allowed to use them

as im not sure about ever ones time zones as i write this it is

Thursday the 4/4 the time 12 15 pm here in new zealand

not sure but i think it starts in about 20 hours

comps started my girls playing lead in her combo
    9 15 am nz time tomorrow Saturday

we performed this morning i think she played well , and great performance with her whole combo and will know how well they have done at prize giving later this evening

i see the live stream is the big bands and i dont know if they are putting the combos on youtube i will see in a couple of days after they edit there videos

i see they have the combos on face book under

National youth jazz competition

my girls are , tauranga girls high

lol well we did not win best guitarist
    nor best bass
    nor best keyboard
    nor best combo but we did get a gold award for combo
    nor best drums

BUT WE DID GET

BEST OF THE FESTIVAL

WHICH IS THE SUPREME AWARD

WHICH IS THE BEST OF THE BEST of all the big bands and combos

PLATINUM WITH DIAMONDS

WE WON

i think they won for there showmanship, there togetherness their overall performance working together in a near professional manner,
    Last edited by helena; 04-06-2019 at 03:08 PM.

ps, the video is crap

managed to put a little video of the girl plying a little piece on you tube

video 1554535129 1 Helena guitar 2019 comp

and this is her best one she jams in this

you tube

video 1554535547 Helena 2 2019 guitar comp
    Last edited by helena; 04-06-2019 at 10:16 PM.

cool thanks for that ,

its a big contest theses day with 380 young musicians , 13 to under 18 but a few 18 year olds spread though there schools combos and big bands

wish some would comment her playing and skills here im ok shes been playing since she was about 8 or 9

so i will take comments on the good the bad or the ugly ,as at the end of the day any comments will be taken with a grain of salt

she loves guitar and really loves stage and believes in trying to have fun when doing it
    Last edited by helena; 04-07-2019 at 04:02 PM.

no 2 is better if you can put it up

Quote Originally Posted by helena View Post
    no 2 is better if you can put it up

Join our Facebook Page

Get in Touch

Jazz Guitar eBooks
How To Get a Jazz Guitar Tone?
Privacy Policy

Follow us on:

Jazz Guitar Online on FacebookJazz Guitar Online on TwitterJazz Guitar Online on YoutubeJazz Guitar Online RSS Feed