The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 77 of 77

User Info Menu

I saw an interesting video that pointed out that selling music and gaining exposure for your music are two different things.

If you want to shift units, it might be a good idea to get into internet marketing. After all, you only need to sell to a few hundred people worldwide to make back your investment.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vsaumarez
    But that is precisely the problem in my view. It has become such a huge phenomenon it is overwhelming. For everyday items, things are probably more balanced but jazz, and especially jazz guitar, is a very small market.
    Exactly! Jazz and jazz guitar is a small market. (The Few, The Proud, The Jazz Guitar Aficionados! ). You could never have reached out to such a specialized niche from a bedroom studio 25 years ago.
    Winning a market segment today is difficult, sure, but it is done all the time. Distribution channels are wide open. Ambitious groups at live gigs should be distributing YouTube links, not selling cds. I mean, if that's your focus.
    For me, I just want to play. Live music is the unduplicatable product. It can't be replaced.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk